Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Recap- I'm baking!

This weekend I baked, twice! Amazing right? I'm turning out to be quite the wife. However...I just need to make an actual dinner now. 

 

First I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. They were so super easy. I was inspired by this recipe, but instead of bread slices I used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, slathered them with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Then rolled them up and buttered, cinnamon and sugared them again and baked for 15 minutes. So easy and delicious! The H ate 4 of them!

 

Then for Father's Day I made Brownie Dipped Oreos. Yep, just as delicious as they sound! Also, really easy to make and were a HUGE hit at the party. I used this recipe, but skipped the frosting because the H said they were sweet enough on their own.

 

Are you guys more of a cooker or a baker? What's your specialty?

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

am i more of a cooker or baker? hmm...what category does making ramen noodles for dinner fall in?

and these look delicious. i really might flock to cali to have dinner (ok...DESSERT) at casa de kristen. :-)

Rissy said...

I'm 100% with Megan. The kitchen and I are not friends.

Oh I did go through this chocolate chip cookie baking phase though... then my mom told me I had to stop making them because Nick had left for Spring Training so there was no one to give them to (aka reason to get the temptation out of the house).

I'm SOOO impressed Kristen! You even tweaked the recipes and made them your own. Whoop whoop #wifey

CarissaExplainsItAll

Katy said...

I am a cooker, but I have a baby cakes which helps with the baking. Brownie dipped Oreos sound BOMB!
xo
KATY

Jessica Nicole said...

I actually just started becoming a cooker and I love it! I am not one that likes sweets very often but those brownie covered oreos look absolutely delicious. I bet they would be amazing with double stuff oreos. The extra icing on the inside could take the place for the icing on top!

Corrine said...

Love it girl! I can't wait for the fair this summer because of the fried oreos! I am definitely a baker and not a cook! hahahaha

Best!
Corrine

http://myheartisherelove.blogspot.com/

Day Old News said...

I love it all, but my specialty is baking. Have fun in the kitchen!

Katie Elizabeth said...

OMG this sounds like such a delicious idea! I love oreos.. I love chocolate.. and I love brownies - Must try! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

I'm definitely a baker! Cooking for me just doesn't go well...

I love making cookies, muffins, cupcakes - my favorite part is eating it all at the end though haha

Jillian said...

Brownie-dipped Oreos? Really?! I need these in my life right now!

I consider myself more of a baker, but I'm trying to get more into cooking (especially healthy foods). Baking can get a bit expensive sometimes.

Rach said...

Um yum I am drooling!

palmandpineblog said...

Yummy! Looks great :)

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog
enter my jcrew giveaway!

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Brownie covered oreos? How clever! I'm not much of a baker, so I leave that up to my friends or professionals. I'm a salad maker - that's my gift.

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

Those brownie covered oreos look good!!!