Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bumpdate Week 30

 photo babyshower1213_zpsa6c522dd.jpg 
29 Weeks 2 Days

How far along?  29 weeks is today's review, but as of today I only have 10 weeks left!! Aaaaagh! (Each bumpdate reviews the week previous)

Total weight gain: At my last Dr appointment, I had gained 10.5 lbs and I think I'm at least 11 now. My belly has definitely grown this past week.

Stretch marks?: Besides Stretch Mark Gate (read about it here in Week 28) I haven't had any more pop up and the few I have on the underside of my chest have not grown or gotten worse. I'm still using the  Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter every day and use my Skincare Ormedic Balancing Anti Oxidant Serum on the stretch marks. I figured if it worked miracles on my under eye area it may work miracles for stretch marks too. 

Maternity clothes: With my shower this past weekend and work, I haven't bought anything new. I posted about my Recent Purchases here earlier this week, but nothing too crazy there and no "maternity" clothing, just bump friendly items. I'm still wearing my Old Navy Maternity Smooth-Panel Rockstar Jeggings  (I bought two pairs) and my Kiki La'Rue Jeggings (which aren't maternity, but fit below my belly).  I've been debating on whether or not to buy maternity shorts. I only have 10 weeks lefts and my jean shorts from last summer fit me if I wear them unbuttoned, I just don't know if it would be worth the buy since I can wear them only on weekends.
Belly Button in or out?: Flat and funny looking. It's so flat that I don't think that it can get any flatter so I expect for it to start popping out asap.

Sleep: Still the same as before, I'm waking up at least once during the night. This past week I've woken up every night at the same time- 3am! Funny huh? I've also been really warm and just uncomfortable overall, we've been sleeping with the window open and a fan going, but it's just not enough. I think I'll have to crank the AC on if it doesn't get better.
 photo 6c755acc94e711e28fba22000a1fb1a7_7_zps4fb6074f.jpg
 Hubs putting together our crib!

Best moment this week: Hands down my baby showe, it was so perfect and fun. I've loaded all of the pics and will post about it next week!

We also put together our crib and moved the bookshelf to where it will be this weekend. I can't wait to start putting it all together, I will definitely post pictures!

Worst moment this week: Leg cramps, those suckers are pains in the rear end!

Have you told family and friends: Absolutely!

Miss Anything? Still seafood. My husband and I had salmon on Tuesday and went to lunch Sunday and everything that looked good to me was fish, which I couldn't have again until this past Tuesday. Oh, and salami! At my shower we had a cheese platter and it took a lot of willpower to not have the salami. It's so good and takes delicious with ghouda! (While pregnant, you're not supposed to have salami because it's a raw meat that has been cured.)

Movement: So much! Our little bunny is getting so big and her movements are getting stronger everyday. Sometimes it surprises me with how strong and big her kicks are getting. She's also been doing a lot of rolling, last week I saw she pirouetted all morning! This past week I've also felt like she's grown because I feel really tight and can tell she has less room now.

Food cravings: Melons! I bought two cantaloupes this past week that I'm waiting to ripen, but I can't wait to have some watermelon and honeydew. Grapes too. I've been wanting grapes forever, but they're still expensive at Costco and at the store I can only find small puny ones. So I'm holding out until I can get large firm, sweet grapes to really enjoy.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!

Have you started to show yet: Oh ya, I'm all belly!

Gender: Girl!

Symptoms: The leg cramping seems to have gotten worse. Thank you for all your suggestions last week, I've tried eating yogurt, bananas, and I'm already drinking at least one glass of milk each day if not several (I've always been a big milk drinker!), but there have been a few nights where I've woken up several times from them and twice where I had to jump out of bed like a flash. It's so annoying. I've start to try and stretch my upper body only now to prevent the leg cramps from happening. I'm still doing some research to see what I can do and if you have any other suggestions, I'm open!

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy, happy, happy!

What I'm reading: With the shower, errands, and having friends over I haven't read anything yet. I finally finished A Piece of Cake and will be posting a review about it because it was so good! I plan on starting The Happiest Baby this week.

Looking forward to: Putting together the nursery! Setting up the crib and the first shower really gave me the push I needed to get started. We plan on putting the dresser up next and then start decorating with the pieces we've bought for the room.

6 comments :

Leslie said...

I was so happy to never have to deal with leg cramps or restless legs but all of the sudden this week that changed. I am not having a lot of cramps but restless legs and arms...it is awful!!
I am half way thru with The Happiest Baby on the Block and it is SO good!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your 30 weeks already, that little bundle will be here before you know it! Can't wait to see the nursery once it's done :)

Lindsay
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your 30 weeks already, that little bundle will be here before you know it! Can't wait to see the nursery once it's done :)

Lindsay
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

AWW you are such a lovely pregnant woman! You are glowing! That maxi dress is fabulous girl xo

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

You look so beautiful! All belly(and boobs!) Haha! I love reading aout your journey. I would hold out on buying shorts or pick up a cheap pair from Target to get you through!! It's getting so close! YAY!!

Carolyn said...

Putting the crib together was such a surreal moment for us! SO EXCITING!! I've been eating fruit like crazy as well!