Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recent Spring Purchases

 photo SpringPurchasesBlend_zps757753b4.jpg

Two weekends ago, I did some shopping and picked up a few things from my Spring Wishlist and Beauty Wishlist.  It was one of those trips where you go and EVERYTHING is cute and in your size. I'm not buying too much because of the bump and trying to find items that work for now and post-bump, so I only picked up two clothing items. Even after baby, I only plan on buying things that can be worn to work as well since I'll be going back after 12 weeks and I know that time is going to fly right by.

Old Navy Color-Blocked T-Strap Sandals in Neutral 
 I love t-strap sandals, I think they flatter my feet and if you're a long time follower, you know my love of nude shoes of any kind. I love that this pair has a mix of nude/tan and patent with non-patent. I know I'll be wearing these all summer long!

MyDeliciousShoes Gartel Wedge in Oatmeal
Finding a good wedged sandal that not sky high is so hard! I'm already 5'8" and I really don't need 5" heels. This pair is more of a tan color in person than the beige color in the pic above. I wore them for my shower on Saturday and they were so comfortable! Plus, I got a lot of compliments on them which is always nice when you're wearing something for the first time.
  
Old Navy Women's Printed Sundresses in White Floral
This dress was first featured in my Springing into Spring post, I am just in love with anything floral right now. I'm also on the hunt for a nice blouse, so let me know if you've seen anything! This dress works for the bump, it may not work until month 9, but I bought my regular size so I know I'll be able to wear it this summer. I plan on wearing it this weekend for Easter and again to a friend's baby shower.
  
Forever 21 Strapless Maxi Dress in Coral
Originally I bought this dress in the aqua, but when it came in, I saw that it was mostly green-aqua instead of blue-aqua like I wanted. It was just too close to my baby shower dress (see that OOTD here) from Zappos. I originally liked that dress in coral, but online it looks so peach I was afraid it would wash me out. So I decided to check everything out in-store for myself. In person, this dress is a true coral color, closer to orange than to peach. I absolutely love it! I found some fabulous earrings from Charlotte Russe too that will be the perfect pair with the dress.
 
NYX Lip Liner- Nude Beige
Ulta finally had this lip liner in! I was so happy to find it, I've been looking for a nude liner to help my gloss stay in place and saw this on Pinterest or another blog, I'm not sure, but thought it would be a great color. It was also featured on my Beauty Wishlist post.I tried it this past weekend and felt a bit chola though, it was kind of dark on my fairly pink pigmented lips. I'll have to try to blend it better and with different glosses to work. I was in a hurry so I just wiped it off and went without it. What's your favorite lip liner? Do you wear liner?
  
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sugar Pie
This is another goodie featured on my Beauty Wishlist post that I've had my eye out for forever! I absolutely love this color and the gloss. It's has a nice color, texture, and smell. It looks pretty alone and topped on my favorite MAC Hue lipstick (it's the best nude EVER!).

Essie Go Ginza
I first posted a pic of Essie's new Spring 2013 polish on Instagram (Kristen_Lawler) when I saw their ad in a magazine. I instantly fell in love with their lavender and pinks in the collection. I found the lavender Bond with Whomever early on at Target, but it's nearly identical to my all time favorite go-to Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac. So I ditched that color and kept my eye out for Go Ginza and found it just over a week ago at Target when they finally got the entire collection in stock. I absolutely love it! It's such a lovely lavender with a hint of pink in it. I've worn it on my fingers or toes since then, it was also on my Beauty Wishlist post.
 
Have you bought anything for spring? What are you eyeing?

5 comments :

Schnelle said...

That polish is so pretty. I'm a big fan if nude shoes too, they're so versatile.

Kerr said...

I did some damage at jcrew last week. Two sweaters, a blouse, a pair of pants, and a dress. All for $100! Major sale score.

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Love the Old Navy sandals - I think I need to track them down! I LOVED the maxi dress you wore to your baby shower - it's so beautiful and you looked gorgeous in it!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

GREAT purchases. I will have to check out those ON sandals. Darling!

Unknown said...


Spectrum Environmental Services, Inc. is a multifaceted family
of companies offering environmental consulting, industrial services and
environmental products. With headquarters in Alabaster, Alabama, near Birmingham, the Spectrum group of companies brings a high level of commitment toward quality and professionalism to every aspect of your project. Hydroblasting services, vacuum truck services, industrial spill products, and more - as the name “Spectrum” suggests, we offer a complete and comprehensive array of products and services including industrial, waste management, consulting, and remediation services. With Spectrum, your company can access one full-service, integrated source that is designed to help manage your company’s
relationship with the environment. Spill products