Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Product Review: Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

 

Sometimes I can use a ton of product in my hair; leave-in conditioner,  mousse, root spray, and let's not forget a ton of hair spray. Using so much on an everyday basis, combined with washing my hair only twice a week my hair can get grimy over time. In walks my beauty magazines raving about how great this Neutrogena shampoo, and I'm all over it. Plus, it's less than $5, woohoo!

The bottle says to use this once-a-week shampoo treatment to instantly remove residue that can cause bad hair days. Then go back to your favorite shampoo and you'll find it working better than ever.
  • Instantly removes heavy, dulling residue caused by shampoos, conditioners and styling products
  • Cleans hair thoroughly, easily rinses clean
  • Mild formula won't cause irritation
  • For all hair types  

Personally, I use this shampoo only every other week or once a month. The formula can be drying, so I focus it mostly on my roots and follow up with using a deep condition like my Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. When I read other reviews before buying this product, some women said they used it more often, so whichever works best for your hair type. The shampoo also has a very strong clean smell that lasts a day or two and can be smelled over any products you use on your hair. I didn't mind it at all, but others may. I really feel a difference in my hair when I use this product, my hair feels so clean. I would definitely re-purchase the bottle.

Have you used a clarifying shampoo? Have you tried this product? What did you think?


8 comments :

Aimee L said...

I have been using this product for years! I use it once a week and it is seriously the best clarifying shampoo ever. I ran out once for a month and kept forgetting to repurchase, and my stylist could tell a difference...my hair actually felt drier and more brittle, and she asked if I was using a clarifying shampoo...you best believe I went straight to CVS & bought some!

Angie said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm going to get some next time I go to Target!

Nav said...

this is a good shampoo, I use it once in a while though,

http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

I need to try this!


Xo Megan

Hikari said...

I have always used a cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with two cups of water. I just stick my head in the bowl and scrub my head all over with it. Cleans out all the residue in a flash and restores my hair. However, I am interested in comparing and seeing if I get better or different results from the Neutrogena. I'm going to give it a try!

Lyndsy said...

i love this stuff and you just reminded me i need to pick up more :)

LauraMck said...

I've never used a clarifying shampoo. This sounds great, good review:) xx

Anonymous said...

The particular [url=http://uggoutletstore20.info]ugg outlet online[/url] won't seem fresh once more with all the spot, yet are going to useful.
Precisely speaking, the first Australian to wear the [url=http://uggbootsclearance12.info]uggs clearance[/url] shaving wool workers, are some of Tate’s husband.
As the fashion spread, and now the streets of [url=http://cheapuggsonsale2012.info]cheap uggs for sale[/url] have become a universal fashion, even the men were also put on snow boots full of swagger.
For instance , Basic Cardy Shoes or boots, Crochet Shoes or boots, [url=http://bootsshoessale.net]ugg boots[/url], Really Shoes or boots, Benefit Shoes or boots, Closing Shoes or boots, Wilshire Shoes or boots, Sandra Shoes or boots and a lot of, additional, most within just an array of hues.
[url=http://uggbootsclearance12.info]ugg boots on clearance[/url] for the fashion crowd is definitely no stranger, every winter is particularly popular single product, very welcomed by the girls, but this winter you have not found men were also tempted to wear the UGG!