Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Beauty Advice

I did a Beauty Tips post waaaaay back when on some of my beauty tips, but I wanted to do an updated post with new things I've learned.Nothing special, and you may even already know some of these, but what's the point of having a blog if you don't share the good stuff? Isn't that what sisters and friends do?

1. Dry Shampoo: apply it at night before bed to let it really soak up the oils and you'll have great texture and be ready bright and early in the morning
2. Baby Oil: great for moisturizing and shining up your cuticles and polish, especially inbetween mani/pedis.
3. Blush: apply just above your cheeks bones through to your temple for a more flushed look
4. Extensions: fake hair will look fake if you treat it that way. Be sure to love your locks faux and real with conditioning treatments and brush starts at the ends and move up.
5. Soft Lips: Use a toothbrush dipped in warm water to scrub off dead skin on your lips for a softer, smoother pucker.
6. Self-Tanner: You can mix 50/50 self-tanner and lotion together for an easier application without decreasing the effectiveness of the tanner.

There you have it ladies! Nothing crazy or life changing, but some new tricks I've picked up recently or just haven't shared yet on the blog.

What are some beauty tips you'd like to share? I'd love to update this post with them!

Also, would you guys be interested in a vlog about what's in my make-up bag? The quick run through about the products I carry everyday and which items are my Holy Grail?


16 comments :

Schnelle said...

Great tips- I'll have to try using the dry shampoo at night. It makes sense, I just never thought to do it.

Brooke said...

Why did I never think to use dry shampoo the night before??? Amazing.

Unknown said...

These are really good tips. Thanks for sharing! :)

Dry shampoo makes my head itchy though, so no short cuts there for me.

Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

I WAS AN UGLY DUCKLING BLOG!

Anonymous said...

i love this!!!!!! as usual...i need all the tips i can get. i didnt know that about dry shampoo :)

and can you please give me a tip of how to look like that girl in the photo??!?!

you should do a vlog regarding your makeup bag for sure

Lindsey said...

I went through a dry shampoo phase, but I've converted back to ole faithful. I love baby powder more! It works better IMHO. Great tips Wolfy!

A sweet southern drawl said...

I love reading beauty tips! These are great ones! Hope your having a wonderful day! xoxo

Cara said...

Thanks for the tips...I will defintely be using the dry shampoo and self tanner tips in the future!

Chelsea Mac said...

Great tips!!! It always amazes me how such simple items can provide such great solutions to my beauty woes! Would love to see a vlog on your make up bag too!

Unknown said...

Love the tip for the soft lips - first time I heard/read it.

G.
(check outmy giveaway)
http://gayleswishlist.blogspot.com

Rissy said...

I need to try the self tanner thing because I know frying my skin is just as bad for it as it sounds.

Love the dry shampoo tip too... I've never tried it, but want to. Is there a certain brand you'd recommend?


CarissaExplainsItAll

Heather said...

great tips!
i would love to see a vlog about that.

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

It is always good to have reminders. I have been doing #1 for awhile and it makes the biggest difference. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

these are some really good tips that I def need to try!!

Anonymous said...

Just when I thought I knew it all, there you go again...LOL. Thanks lady. I def need to use the toothbrush on my lips in the winter.

Jules said...

These are such great tips! I'll definitely have to remember the baby oil and self tanner ones.

Brandy said...

Thanks for the great tips.

http://makeupbybrandy.blogspot.com