Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Product Review: Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss

Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in 20 Shiny Perfect Nude (color not shown in pic)

I bought this gloss when Sephora was having their Friends and Family sale, check out my buys in this Recent Purchases post. Again, I know I don't need any more glosses, but I was on the hunt for a soft pink without any shimmer. Can you believe how many products I own and I didn't have one??

Pros:
- The color is so pretty! 
- Very glossy, but not blinding
- Layers well over lipsticks
- The hourglass shape of the applicator is perfect for applying, I prefer it over other wands now. The curve fits your lip shape and applies it evenly
- Non-sticky, smooth texture

Cons:
- So-so smell. Nothing fancy, but doesn't smell strong
- Lasts a few hours, nothing to write home about

Another item I'm happy with, but probably won't re-purchase or try other shades. I do love, love, love the color, it's beautiful and exactly what I wanted, but this gloss isn't any better than any other gloss out there.

What's your go-to gloss?

7 comments :

Schnelle said...

It looks like a really pretty neutral. I'm a gloss fanatic too. I think I carry at least 3 in my bag at all times.

Anonymous said...

i love sephora glosses! a happy accident picking on up and im obsessed!

Kendra said...

This would be perfect for summertime when I'm all tan. I'll keep this in mind . Thanks!

REBrown said...

I have a bare minerals gloss that looks a lot like this one and I love it. I may just have to give it a try!

Chelsea Mac said...

My go-to gloss is Chanel. Their Glossimer, while pricey, is amazing-long lasting and they have fabulous colors. Amother go to is MAC's lipglass and lipsticks. They are at a better price point than Chanel and have a great choice of colors, as well as are long-lasting.

Nado Queenie said...

I'm always scared to buy new gloss...what if it smells? What if it's too sticky? What if I don't like the color? Lol my go to gloss that I stock up on everytime they have a sale is Victoria's Secert! Love the shades, smells, everything!

joy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.