Monday, December 28, 2009

New Years Resolutions Anyone?

Every year I try to think of some things that I've been wanting to do and make it my resolution to get them done. However, I usually only wind up doing maybe two of them, but hey, that's better than none.
*I would like to also point out that my friends love helping me and put absurd things on my list as well and sign it as witnesses.


I'm figuring that with 2010 being a new decade and all, I should actually start it off with something that's important to me and I can make myself do it.


So here it goes:



  • Write in my journal. I've gone on and off keeping a journal since I received my first one at my baptism when I was 8. It was a pretty white one with "Journal" written on it in gold lettering. I thought I was so grown up. I think my goal will be to write in it to record big events, or at least once a month for a round up. I did this at the beginning of last year and it lasted a whole 4 months. Maybe 2010 is the year to make it stick... if not, I'll use this Keel's one I've been wanting (also available at Nordstrom or any bookstore):



Photobucket

Photobucket


It should be easy to keep... it's fill in the blank. This is what their website had to say about the diaries:


There are three reasons why most people, although they have tried, won't keep a diary:


1. Not every day is very eventful.


2. It actually takes a lot of discipline to write.

3. In retrospect, many find what they have written embarrassing.


Isn't that the truth? How many times do you look back (if you keep a journal) and think, "This is so embarrassing, I can't believe I wrote/felt this way". Especially when it comes to dating, sheeeeeeesh, I'm gonna have to burn all of those pages one day.



  • This is going to be my big year of savings. I do put some money away each month, but this year I'm going to put away more and not touch it. Ever. Not even for a needed vacation or a cute dress I just have to have. Then one day I can have a jolly time with my old man.
Photobucket

To accomplish this, I'm going to open a Roth IRA for retirement, contribute to my mutual fund, and open an HSA to save up for Lasik Surgery so I can "see clearly now the blur is gone" (sing it to the tune!).


  • I want to lose 15lbs by May 1.

arm circles Pictures, Images and Photos

May 1st is my birthday and in California, it's already hot by then and you've already worn your swimsuit or have taken a trip where you wear your swimsuit nearly everyday. Thus, why I need to get in shape by then. I'm going to do this by counting calories (which I've already started and have lost 4 lbs!! Yippee!) and making it to the gym....twice a week?? OK, I know I need to go more than that and if I did I would see my results quickly and be pretty toned, but I'm just trying to be realistic here. I drive three hours round trip for work (yep, I'm nuts, no I don't have a glamorous job) and when I get home, I just want to veg out, eat, and then go to sleep because the long drive kills me. Maybe I'll just force myself to go right after work then and bump my goal to three times a week.

  • Learn to cook

Julia Child Pictures, Images and Photos

I will do a follow-up post for this one, I hope it doesn't cancel out my previous resolution though. Cross your fingers!

  • To be more personal on this blog

I've been reviewing my favorite blogs recently and the reasons why I love them. Most of the time it's because I feel like I know them after reading their posts- they've let me in on a little secret whether it's fun pictures from the weekend or their favorite stuff. So, in 2010 LLP will be more personalized and have more personal photos and stories. I hope you guys enjoy!


Do you write resolutions? Do you keep them? What are your goals for next year?


5 comments :

Amanda said...

Those all seem like fabulous resolutions! (Except you already look FANTASTIC to me, so I wouldn't worry about losing 15 lbs.) Going to the gym to be healthy is still a good idea too. You can also buy some exercise videos and equipment to do some at home so you don't always have to go to the gym, that should help on those days where you don't want to go anywhere else. Good luck! I haven't thought of any resolutions yet, but now I want to!

Kristen said...

Thanks girl! Getting a video would be great, I didn't even think of it! I've been eyeing a Jillian Michaels video for a while- now I have a reason to buy it!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Aloha im new to this, I came upon this website I have found It incredibly accessible and its helped me out a great deal. I hope to give something back and guide others like it has helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Around.

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!