*I would like to also point out that my friends love helping me and put absurd things on my list as well and sign it as witnesses.
I'm figuring that with 2010 being a new decade and all, I should actually start it off with something that's important to me and I can make myself do it.
So here it goes:
- Write in my journal. I've gone on and off keeping a journal since I received my first one at my baptism when I was 8. It was a pretty white one with "Journal" written on it in gold lettering. I thought I was so grown up. I think my goal will be to write in it to record big events, or at least once a month for a round up. I did this at the beginning of last year and it lasted a whole 4 months. Maybe 2010 is the year to make it stick... if not, I'll use this Keel's one I've been wanting (also available at Nordstrom or any bookstore):
It should be easy to keep... it's fill in the blank. This is what their website had to say about the diaries:
There are three reasons why most people, although they have tried, won't keep a diary:
1. Not every day is very eventful.
2. It actually takes a lot of discipline to write.
3. In retrospect, many find what they have written embarrassing.
Isn't that the truth? How many times do you look back (if you keep a journal) and think, "This is so embarrassing, I can't believe I wrote/felt this way". Especially when it comes to dating, sheeeeeeesh, I'm gonna have to burn all of those pages one day.
- This is going to be my big year of savings. I do put some money away each month, but this year I'm going to put away more and not touch it. Ever. Not even for a needed vacation or a cute dress I just have to have. Then one day I can have a jolly time with my old man.
To accomplish this, I'm going to open a Roth IRA for retirement, contribute to my mutual fund, and open an HSA to save up for Lasik Surgery so I can "see clearly now the blur is gone" (sing it to the tune!).
- I want to lose 15lbs by May 1.
May 1st is my birthday and in California, it's already hot by then and you've already worn your swimsuit or have taken a trip where you wear your swimsuit nearly everyday. Thus, why I need to get in shape by then. I'm going to do this by counting calories (which I've already started and have lost 4 lbs!! Yippee!) and making it to the gym....twice a week?? OK, I know I need to go more than that and if I did I would see my results quickly and be pretty toned, but I'm just trying to be realistic here. I drive three hours round trip for work (yep, I'm nuts, no I don't have a glamorous job) and when I get home, I just want to veg out, eat, and then go to sleep because the long drive kills me. Maybe I'll just force myself to go right after work then and bump my goal to three times a week.
- Learn to cook
I will do a follow-up post for this one, I hope it doesn't cancel out my previous resolution though. Cross your fingers!
- To be more personal on this blog
I've been reviewing my favorite blogs recently and the reasons why I love them. Most of the time it's because I feel like I know them after reading their posts- they've let me in on a little secret whether it's fun pictures from the weekend or their favorite stuff. So, in 2010 LLP will be more personalized and have more personal photos and stories. I hope you guys enjoy!
Do you write resolutions? Do you keep them? What are your goals for next year?