Sunday, May 31, 2009

10 years of California

As of today, I have lived in California for 10 years!!

How do I remember this date? Well, at the time is was the worst day of my whole life.

I had lived in Utah since Day 1 and had the same friends since pre-school and kindergarten. I was going to start high school that fall and was going to start dating, and driving, and all the fun stuff my friends and I had dreamed about since we were young. Then, one day after school, Mom told me my flight left in 2 hours and to pack my bags. I was devastated! Hello Mom, I'm on the cusp of being a teenager!!

I love California now though! I've made wonderful friends (I still keep in touch with a few of my friends from Utah), have a wonderful Boyfriend, and have grown really close to my Mother's side of the family.

Here is a list of Pros for each state:
UTAH
1. Friends and Family
2. The Jazz
3. Grandma Sycamore Bread
4. Sconecutter
5. The Salt Lake Temple (it's absolutely breathtaking)
6. Snow
7. My Grandma's homemade cooking
8. Pioneer Day
9. Plays in St George
10. The Slang (ie: "sluffing" for ditching school)
11. The Mountains

CALI
1. Friends and Family
2. The Beach
3. Being able to buy liquor at the grocery store and beer being more than 3.2% alcohol
4. The open-mindness of the people
5. The diversity
6. In N Out
7. Mexican food
8. Most things are within an hour's drive
9. Shopping
10. The sports teams (even though I will NEVER be a Laker fan)

*lists are in no particular order :)

1 comment :

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I just read this post and I love your pros for each state! It's crazy that your mom just said "pack your bags we're leaving in 2 hours" !! lol omg.