Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Recent OOTDs

Good morning! Hope you're all having a great week so far. Lately, my days have been short but the weeks have seemed long. Does that ever happen to you?

I've been trying to take some more pics of my weekend outfits. During the week, the lighting isn't good and I don't really wear anything great or that I haven't worn a hundred times before. My work uniform is pretty much a nice top, black skinny slacks, and flats. Oh and a blazer. Nothing exciting. Before transferring when we moved, I was in a different department and had a casual dress code. It's crazy how much I miss it! I loved wearing jeans, sandals, and whatever top I wanted. I didn't have to see clients face to face so it makes sense why we had a casual dress code, but man I miss being able to wear whatever I want and getting more use out of my closet!

 photo E7221001-2567-4FE4-9EF0-517AF9C0FBD7_zps58w6wshp.jpgTop // Shorts // Necklace // Polish
I saw this top on the shop's Instagram and bought it immediately during a late night nursing session (those get me every time!). I've bought a few accessories from Mindy Mae's Market through Jane, but not any clothes. This shirt is so well made and thick with some stretch. I was surprised by how high quality it is. I absolutely love it and want to wear it every day. I wore it for Easter with a bright pink lip and then another day with a coral red lip. It's just a great top that's easy to wear and pair with fun shades of accessories and makeup. I've talked about this necklace a ton on Instagram, I seriously wear it nearly every day and had our wedding date engraved on it with an L for our last name. You can get 20% off your purchase from Mia and Mac using Kristen20 at check out! 
 photo C3E29CDC-3980-4213-B38E-5D42FCF7C963_zps4vwe0ym3.jpg

A few weeks ago, I took the girls to meet my sister for lunch, shopping, and dessert down in San Diego. We had so much fun eating pizza and shopping. I love hanging out with my sister and we've been so busy that we've mostly only seen each other at family parties so we haven't had the chance to talk as much together (even though we talk on the phone almost daily). The girls love their auntie and they had a great time together goofing off. After shopping we went back to BJs for the pizookie sampler- one of our faves!


 photo cd6b15f9-364d-453e-9b23-40aa61900445_zpssjj5th6l.jpg

I wore this a few weekends ago to run some errands and get some ice cream with the family. The girls ended up falling asleep in the car so Matt and I got ice cream to ourselves! Yum! This is the same top as above, but in black. It's only $9 at Old Navy so get yourself one! It's a thin cotton that will be perfect for the summer heat. I do wish it was a little longer though. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a happy hump day!

3 comments :

Frances said...

You are so cute! I LOVE all these outfits. I actually tried on that peplum top on Saturday and almost bought it, but I needed jeans more than I needed another top....but I think you've convinced me. I'm just going to have to take another trip to the mall this weekend ;)

Christina said...

What size did you get in that first top? The small is all sold out. I'm wondering if the medium would be gigantic? Or if maybe this is the sort of top where it's okay to size up?

Kristen said...

I ordered my regular size of medium. It fits loose and I could probably size down, but I like the fit.