Monday, April 4, 2016

Think Happy, Be Happy Link Party

"Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is." -Mandy Hale

 I'm back this week with some awesome women to start off Monday on a positive note with the Think Happy, Be Happy Link Party. This link party was created as a way to create some inspiration and happiness as we begin our week. It can be hard to find the happiness in our day to day, and I believe it truly does help to take a second to find the positive. Please take a second to visit all of my wonderful co-hosts who will be sharing this link party as well!

 photo 225.jpg
 photo lawler_056_zpsaa30e4dc.jpg
 photo lawler_2015_-118_zps6rycxtmj.jpg

Recently, one of my co-workers asked me if I enjoyed being married. It totally threw me for a second because it wasn't a question I expected. She is a single mother and has been divorced for a few years and talked to me about her feelings about her marriage and her thoughts about the possibility of being married again, which prompted her to start the conversation with her question. I looked at her and couldn't help but be honest.

I love being married.

There is no doubt in my mind that Matt is the perfect partner for me and there's not a single soul on Earth I would ever want to spend my life with. He is an amazing friend, husband, and father. He does so much for our family, our kids, and for me. I don't want to turn this into a big mushy love fest for my husband, but her question really stuck with me for a long time. Our relationship isn't perfect and wouldn't work for other couples, but I couldn't help but feel so grateful for him. There are so many things I take for granted because that's our normal. I went home that day and hugged Matt for a bit longer and told him how thankful I am that he's mine forever.

When I talk to newly engaged couples, the first thing that comes from my mouth is typically "you're gonna love being married, it's so fun". It makes me sad that it isn't true for everyone, but I honestly wish everyone the best in their marriages and hope that they find their true loves. Even though her question was unexpected, I'm glad that she asked so I could think about the little everyday things I'm grateful for.

Have something positive and happy you want to share? Please link up and share with us!

  Think Happy Be Happy Link Party 

 Rules of the Party: 
 Leave a link to your actual post and not your homepage. A link back to your host, is greatly appreciated. Feel free to grab our link party button to add to your post. 
Please link up only your happiness related posts. Don’t link up and run, please visit other bloggers. Make new friends or say hello to old friends. 
Please follow your hosts and guest hosts in some way. 
Have fun with your posts! I truly hope it helps with starting your week off on a positive note!

2 comments :

missy said...

Hi Kristen,
I've been reading your blog for what feels like forever and I have yet to ever post a comment:)
You truly have such a beautiful family and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was a little jealous. I was married for 10 years and have been divorced now for almost 1 year. We have a 7 year old little boy together and it's really him that keeps me together most days! Seeing and reading about the love you have with your husband helps me see that just maybe there's someone out there for me that can be my "forever" and I just have to be patient!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I hope you guys have an amazing summer! :)
Kristin

Kristen said...

Missy- thank you so much for reading and your sweet comment. I've thought about you all week and wish you so much happiness. You're so strong and it has to be so tough to be going through that. I know God has great plans for you and your son. I hope you guys have a great summer! Xoxo