Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bumpdate Week 16

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Pictures taken  15 weeks 3 days 
(and before getting my hair done)

Thank you again for all your wonderful words, comments, supports, emails, texts, etc. They've all meant so much to me and I'm thrilled to share this journey with you guys. I'll be posting weekly about my previous week's pregnancy (today I'm 16 weeks, but will review week 15). Let me know if you have any additional questions or things you'd like to see in these posts. I'm using the standard set of questions, but am leaving some out until they apply to me. I'll also do separate posts for bigs things like the nursery, what I've bought, the gender, etc. 

Well, I'm happy to report that I must be having the most boring pregnancy ever. No morning sickness/nausea, no superhuman skills like a bionic nose (except at the most inconvenient times, not when I'm passing by a bakery or something delicious), and no food aversions. Woohoo for me! However, before I pouched out a bit, it was like I wasn't preggo at all. 
How far along? 16 Weeks!

Total weight gain: -6 lbs. I weigh less than before I was pregnant, but everything on my body is larger. Go figure. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and I think I've gained a bit back of what I've lost, but won't know for sure until then.


Sleep: I've always slept like a baby, but I wake up in the middle of the night  nearly every night to use the restroom and get a drink of water. I also sleep on my side naturally, so no big change there either. I'm trying to soak it up, because I know it's downhill from here. I'm also super tired and go to bed around 830 every night (I wake up between 430-5am for work).

Best moment this week:
All the texts, phone calls, and hugs when people found out the good news!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Worst moment of the week: When my pajama shorts couldn't fit over my new big booty. It was a sad day. Then, my husband really likes it so I guess it's kind of a win? Only my pajamas pants fit and workout shorts, I have no cute pjs short bottoms. Target, here I come!

Have you told family and friends: Yes! We told my in-laws, sister, dad, and grandpa right away, but waited to tell my mom (she can't keep a secret to save her life) and extended family until I was 12 weeks. 

How we told everyone: Thanksgiving was the official 12 week mark and at our family party everyone was asking me how baby making was going and I had to pretend to be disappointed and bummed out. Then, after dinner we were relaxing by the fire pit outside and went around in a circle to say what we are thankful for. When it got to me, I named off a few things and then said "and the baby we're expecting in June!" everyone screamed and jumped up and down. It was so much fun to tell them! 

After we told the family, we did our best to tell friends and family either in person or over the phone. Then we sent out our Christmas card announcement (check it out here if you missed it and read about our pregnancy journey here too) and the rest of our loved ones found out from the card or the Facebook picture of the card we posted

Miss Anything? Meat medium rare and bloody, brie, and blue cheese.

Food cravings: Pomegranates, cutie oranges, lemonade, popsicles, grilled cheese. However, I don't know if these really count as "cravings" because I enjoy these all the time or when they're in season.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing. Although, my carsickness has worsened. I get car sick super easy and have since I was a child and I've noticed that it's gotten worse now with the baby. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Have you started to show yet: Yep. Not full bump mode, but I can no longer "suck it in" as they say and have huge boobs and butt now. Which is weird to me since I still weigh less than I did pre-pregnancy. Ummmm, I obviously wrote that sentence early in the 15 week period. I have a small bump, but you can really only see it with tighter clothing.

Gender: We find out in January! I have no "gut feeling" one way or the other and neither does Matt. However, the whole family thinks it's a girl. Then, also, since we found out we were pregnant on my Grandmother's birthday, some think it's a sign that it's a girl. I like that idea too, it's comforting.

Symptoms: Giant boobs and butt, slight cramping from my body making room for baby, and a rash on my stomach/chest from the hormonal changes, and pimples. 
Workouts: Christmas shopping counts right? 

3978A785-DC48-4673-AFC1-11F6A0193ABE-5687-000002B6192D11CC, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
11 weeks 6 days

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, emotional, and easy annoyed/irritated. Before I had a lot of patience for people and nothing really ever got to me. Not anymore. I have yet to rip someone's face off, but it's only a matter of time. 

Here's an example:
Stupid person: Have you picked any names? What are they? 
Me: ___ for a boy and ___ for a girl.
Stupid person: ___? I don't like that name. They're going to get called _____ (enter string of weird things they came up with on the spot). 
My train of thought: I don't remember asking your opinions on the names my husband and I have already chosen. When you have kids, you can name them whatever you want. Couldn't you have just lied like I did when you chose ____ for your kids name?
Me (what I actually say): Well, we like them and so will anyone else who gets to hold my baby. 

Maybe I'm the stupid one for sharing my names already? I don't know. It's not what they have to say about the names, just how rude I think it is of people.

I've also thought about writing a weekly post with the annoyance of the week. When I talk to other people about it they get such a kick out of it. Haven't decided yet.
  
Looking forward to: Our doctor appointment tomorrow and seeing the little one again with the ultrasound. Finding out the gender in January! 

Thank you again for all your support! Again, love me know if you want to know any additional info in future posts!

14 comments :

Veronika said...

We have the same cravings! We find out this weekend boy or girl!

Piglet said...

Congratulations! Sending many blessing to you and your little one.

Schnelle said...

I love that you're doing 'bumpdates" too! My advice is to not tell anyone names because you can expect to hear things like that for the rest of your pregnancy. Your little bump is so cute! My boobs and butt got a whole lot bigger too right in the beginning. I'm guessing....girl!

KellyMarie said...

How exciting!

I swear some people have no filter.. Whenever I get pregnant, I won't be telling anyone our names. Some people in my family are known for making rude comments like that! Lol.

Carolyn said...

Aww! :) You're so cute!! Such a stylish baby bump! I totally think you should do the annoyance of the week. And people are SO rude with baby names!!

Anonymous said...

you're the CUTEST.

Unknown said...

You look beautiful!

XO Alex

http://www.bronzedsundaze.blogspot.com

Jenna DeSantis said...

Kristen,

This post is SO cute. It's so cool to hear about everything you are going through. BTW you look SO cute!! And you found out you were pregnant on your Grandmother's birthday?! How special. Keep us posted!!

XO Jenna
Demureindiamonds.blogspot.com

Potatoes and Pilates said...

I'm so glad you've decided to share your journey!

I think the medium rare steak and the Brie would be the hardest food items for me to give up too! Maybe sushi as well:)

Have a wonderful holiday! x

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

You look super cute! Have fun shopping for new clothes at Target.. my happy place! :)

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Well, this post made me super excited. I think you look adorable and it was fun reading. I can't believe you told all those people but didn't tell your mom (I don't mean that in a bad way - I mean I don't know how you kept from doing it!!!). I only say this because I've given thoughtful consideration to that myself (for someday), because my mother is also like yours...can't keep it to herself..."well I'm not supposed to say anything but I KNOW you're not going to tell anyone" hehehe :)

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

Awww your bump is sooo cute! I love these types of posts. I can't wait to read all about your journey!

Lexi said...

I jut found this blog and I love love this post! The hubby and I are talking babies now and it's so nice to hear all about the process. :)
Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

This is such a great post! I love being able to "be" on your journey! I am all for the annoyance post of the week, people blow my mind with their mouths and I am sure your names are adorable. Excited to see your progression! Love yoU!