Thursday, December 22, 2011

Easy Appetizer


My husband is so great in the kitchen, we had two parties recently where we were in charge of bringing an appetizer and he just whipped these up in no time!

All you need is whole mushrooms, cream cheese, garlic salt, and scallions. I love the ingredients, but I wasn't sure how the cream cheese and mushrooms would taste together, but I think I ate about half the platter.

First, you take the stems out of each shroom, then using your fingers or a butter knife, stuff a lot of cream cheese in the center, top with plenty of garlic salt, scallions for color, and bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Walaa!

The serving size and amount of ingredients vary, but for a party of 15 people, we used 4 cartons of mushrooms and 16oz of cream cheese.

We got so many compliments on these and they were super easy. It's now our last-minute, go-to dish.

9 comments :

Schnelle said...

I love stuffed mushrooms so I'm sure I would love these! Thanks for sharing!

AmandaG said...

I love stuffed mushrooms too! The Pioneer Woman has an EXCELLENT recipe on her website that I've made several times, but this one looks so much easier!

REBrown said...

These look delicious! I love stuffed mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

Those sound amazing! I will definitely be making them soon!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Those look and sound absolutely delicious! I'll definitely have to try out that recipe ;0)

http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/

Frances said...

YUMMM!! soo trying these out!!

Vanessa said...

Oh yuuummmmm! This is a great and easy idea, you just solved my party contribution dilemma lol

erica said...

I never even thought about making anything like this before! Definitely doing this for Christmas! xo

Anonymous said...

ohh this is a great little app for a party!