Monday, June 6, 2016

Our Weekend

Last week I was on vacation and today starts my first week back to the grind. We had such a great weekend and the girls actually slept in on Sunday! I didn't know it was possible. When we woke up we brought the girls to our bed for some snuggling, made french toast for breakfast with fresh blueberries, and then just did stuff around the house. It was so nice to be together with no schedule and stay at home. We're always on the go and I just relish these days without plans together.

 photo 3150671D-6854-4EE8-A157-EDC6F531820D_zpsiu4xbsav.jpg
Top (out of stock, similar here) // Shorts // Wedges
Saturday night Matt's work had a big social event so we got a little date night out. It was so fun and a lot of his coworkers all had kids around the same ages as our girls so we all had so much to talk about. Everyone he works with is so nice and it was great to meet their wives. I actually know a lot of them already from working at the same place back in college and through my girlfriend who also worked there for several years. The food was great and the company was a lot of fun. I know Matt enjoys working there, and I can see why! They were goofing off the whole night.

 photo 3838E9DE-B434-4D41-AFE3-162E90A1C131_zpsc8ixesqn.jpg
For my birhtday, my SIL and BIL gave me an Old Navy gift card and I picked up these two items with it. I've had my eye on this saddle bag forever and it's blush perfection! I've fallen in love with these Chloe espadrilles, but there's no way I would ever pay so much for a shoe! I saw these online and thought they were similar in style. I wasn't 100% on them, but they were super comfortable. I wore them out with the above outfit and they didn't hurt my feet at all! At the very end of the night, after 6+ hours in them, I had two spots on my feet that were getting a bit sore, but that's it. No real pain. That never happens ya'll. Go get yourself a pair.

 photo 4F016DF0-787E-4BDE-B73A-7C7B8ED8B4AD_zpskqahxa9f.jpg
We are taking family pics in August and Emma's outfit just came in and it's so cute!! I absolutely love this and I'm gonna pair it with a cute headband and matching moccs. The back opens up and I think it's gonna photograph really pretty. I want her to wear it now, but I'm afraid of it somehow getting ruined before our pics so I'm just gonna put it away for now.

 photo 069A6FB1-9796-4AE2-BE53-D1282CCED12D_zpsxrs3ylih.jpg
I was just sent an 8 in 1 wand curler that I've been playing with and it's so fun. I'm going to play with it some more and try all the wand options and will be doing a full review soon. So far, I'm loving it. It's definitely different than using a curling iron with a clip, but I like how the curls are turning out! Do you use a wand or curling iron? Have any tips or YouTube video tutorials I can watch?

Hope you're all having a great week! Happy Monday, thank you for stopping by!

7 comments :

Cara (Kindly Unspoken) said...

What an adorable top! I love the little top and bloomer set too! Too cute :)

Laura said...

Love those wedges, much better deal than the Chloe version! The work social sounds like a good time too!

Laura | Laura Aime Vous

Stephanie said...

I love that saddle bag. The color and style are perfect for this time of year.

Shann Eva said...

I love the bag you got! So cute! Sounds like a great weekend too. My boys hardly ever sleep in, so if/when they do, it's definitely something special. The 8 in 1 curling wand sounds like fun to use for new styles.

Greta Hollar said...

Loves those wedges and purse! So cute!

Greta | www.gretahollar.com

Unknown said...

I love the wedges and bag! They are adorable! I haven't tried a wand myself, but my friends always have great curls when they use them!

brittanyashmore said...

Girl I am loving your tops and shorts!!ps I need a big mirror like yours!