Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Product Review: Sapphire 8-in-1 Curling Wand
My signature look has to be curls, I wear them every single day and would die if I didn't have a curling iron. Yep, die. I rarely wear my hair in any other fashion and can curl my hair in just a few minutes. When Irresistible Me reached out to me for a collaboration, I had to try the Sapphire 8-in-1 Curling Wand. So many people swear by wands, but I've never really tried one and to be honest I didn't know if it would really make a difference in my curls. I felt like my hair would curl the same as using a curling iron and jumped at the chance to give it a whirl.
The curling iron comes with 8 different ceramic, tourmaline infused, interchangeable barrels: 13mm, 19mm, 25mm, 32mm, 18/9mm, 25/13mm, 13/25mm and pearl. Each curler features cool tips, heats up quickly (within 20 seconds), and they're all packed in a nice travel bag. I've had a lot of fun playing around with the different wands and have found the 25mm to be my favorites.
A few things I was skeptical of in trading my curling iron for a wand was thinking that without using a clip, my curls wouldn't last as long. Wrong. My curls lasted just as long and the waves looked even beachier the next day. On day three, I curled just a few pieces around my crown and was on my way. I also didn't think there would be much difference between a wand and a regular curling iron, but a wand is longer and without the clip, it gives you more space for maneuvering.
A few tricks I've learned to help make beachy waves and curls, thanks to many of you on my Instagram post, is to:
- Curl hair away from your face (it's flattering on all face shapes)
- For beach waves, leave the last 1-3 inches out from wrapping around the wand, focusing only on the middle section of your hair
- When you're first using the wand, use the glove! It took me a few tries to get the hang of it and didn't want burn myself and now I prefer to not use it.
- Vary the amount of hair you curl at a time (1-3 inch sections)
- Point the tip of the wand down while wrapping sections of hair
- Take the time to curl your hair well the first day and enjoy loose waves the next day
Overall, I LOVE using the curling wand! I haven't traded in my curling iron for it exclusively, but I've been using the wand about 60% of the time now. With a little practice it takes me only a few minutes longer than using a curling iron now. I've really enjoyed the beachy and relaxed waves and my favorite is day 2 of curls. It's just perfect!
What type of curling iron do you use? What tips do you have for perfect curls or waves?