Wednesday, September 19, 2012

You Were Always the Best



You have always been one of the most important and influential people in my life. We have so many wonderful memories together that I will always cherish and am so happy that we have spent so much time together.

Some of my favorite memories among them that always bring a smile and a chuckle to me:

-Icing Christmas sugar cookies with your homemade frosting (and how you had to hide them outside so the family wouldn't eat them all)

-Wearing your gorgeous nightgowns around the house pretending to be a princess

-Your hot chocolate with mini marshmallows every morning

-Playing in all your jewelry and being allowed to wear it to church

-You playing the piano while Grandpa, Karli, and I all sang and danced

-The hours we spent playing games together and how upset you would get when Grandpa cheated

-Your empty threats: "I'll snatch you bald headed" "I'll give you a swift kick in the rear end"

-All of the support you have given me, coming to every game, recital, holiday

-Bouncing on your knee while you sang "I love you, a bushel and a peck"

-All the trips we went on together camping, fishing, to Yellowstone, Hawaii, and San Diego

-How you gave the biggest hugs and always made everyone feel extra special

I'll love you forever and will always strive to be the woman you were and have given me as an example.

Thank you everyone for all of the love and support. This has been really difficult and I really appreciate everyone's kind words. Thank you very much.

12 comments :

Hikari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hikari said...

I am sorry for your loss, Kristin! I dread the day I eventually lose my Grandma too. Thanks for sharing your memories of her though. I loved reading these. She sounds like a wonderful lady!

Carolyn said...

Such a sweet post! She sounds like a pretty amazing lady!! :)

Katie Did What said...

This is so sweet! She's smiling down on you from heaven now :)

Hannah, Here! said...

Sorry for your loss, Kristen. This is such a sweet post.

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

Beautiful post for a beautiful woman! Sending prayers your way!

Veronika said...

I am very sorry for your loss, what a wonderful post to write in her memory.

Shabby, Chic, & Cheap said...

so sorry for your loss but what wonderful and beautiful memories.

((hugs)) and loving thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry hunny! I'll be thinking about you and sending strength and positive, loving thoughts your way. Dealing with the loss of a loved one is so tough. What a great post, I'm sure your G-ma loved it too, living it up on the next part of her journey. Hang in there and you know you can always call or text me if you need to get your mind off things. Like for instance, today I went to Target and bought snakeskin pointed heels by Mossimo for $23. I thought of you while I was buying them. Hope that made you smile. Love you BBFF.

Anonymous said...

she seemed like she was the light of your life :)

im really sorry for your loss but it seems like she was such an inspiration to you and everyone around her that she is lucky enough to live beyond her years through yall.

what a great woman she was and your family and her are in my thoughts and prayers from this side of the atlantic.

Jessica said...

Oh Kristin, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. I loved her too, I didn't know her real well but she was so easy to love! I know she's in a better place now. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I haven't stopped by in a few days, but wanted to say I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother.