Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Review: Oven Toasted Ravioli

My hubs and I have been hearing about toasted ravioli's and have really wanted to try them. I mean we love raviolis and we like crunchy food so it would be amazing right? Then I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I was sold- it was easy too!


Here is the recipe, directly from Plain Chicken:

12 round frozen ravioli, thawed
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
6 Tbps Italian bread crumbs (I used Progresso brand)
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Whisk together egg and milk in shallow bowl.  In another bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.  Dip ravioli in egg and then in bread crumbs.  Place on baking sheet.  Repeat until all ravioli are coated.  Spray ravioli with cooking spray.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with warm marinara or pesto.

Ok, I followed the recipe to a T and it was super bland. Matt and I didn't really care at all about it, and we were pretty bummed after being so excited about it. I want to try it again and here is what I plan on doing differently:
-Use only 4-5 Tbps of bread crumbs
-Mix in garlic and basil with the crumbs
-Maybe sprinkle on some cayenne?

If you have any toasted ravioli recipes, please share! This is a dish we want to try again!

5 comments :

JMB said...

Thanks for making my mouth water. I was JUST discussing with a coworker yesterday how I need to be more cautious of cooking things in the oven rather than the microwave...we all do.

Michelle said...

I need to make this soon!

Hannah, Here! said...

Have you entered my giveaway yet?! http://elisb1234.blogspot.com/2012/09/tfato-25-target-giftcard-giveaway.html

Miranda said...

Yum! I love ravioli!

Tiffany said...

YUM! I absolutely love all the fun things on Pinterest and literally just wrote a post about it!