Monday, November 23, 2015

Weekend Recap

Like most weekends, this one went way too fast. It seems like we're always on the go, go, go. Since we had the time, we put up our tree Saturday morning. I am not ready to fully decorate our house, but I love the glow of a tree. Ellie was also dying to put it up and decorate it, she was so excited!

I decorate the top with all of our ornaments, but I've bought soft ornaments for the bottom two feet for the girls. I didn't want to have a tree that they couldn't touch or leave the bottom half bare. It's been really nice because since it's never been a big deal about those ornaments, Ellie rarely plays with them and if she does it's no big deal. Ellie made sure Emma got in on the action too.

 photo A1F1399E-88AE-4F17-969A-01BDDF5B7D13_zpswdn4au5h.jpg

After our morning got started, we headed out to celebrate my cousin's birthday. I love being so close to my cousins, we've had so much fun growing up together and it's nice to have a large family at gatherings.

 photo FD391FAB-F900-4E8E-B61D-9E73F8B01EA5_zpsfwmcvznu.jpg

We went to Lucille's and it's been way too long since we last ate there! I had their pork sliders and peach lemonade and it was delicious! I told Matt we have to go back again soon. I'm also obsessed with their apple cinnamon butter and want to find a copy cat recipe asap for it.

 photo 3AD2E2F3-4FFF-461C-A6C2-6CDEF5D00FEC_zpsjvalosmp.jpg

Saturday night I had a craft night with some girlfriends where we all painted Hello Happy House wreaths and it was so nice to get out of the house and relax. We had so much fun, but my painting skills are seriously lacking!

 photo 83F9A692-93E8-419B-8E01-8B0DECB34FB2_zpsua3bjiyq.jpg photo 8F122739-328E-4D9A-B754-03E4FAD8270D_zps0gdgkboe.jpg

It was a great weekend and I'm so sad to return back to work tomorrow. I wish I had this week off for vacation and could snuggle my littles all day. Hope you're having a great start to a short week!

2 comments :

Amanda said...

Loving that you did a paint night!!! How does one even do this?! I'm totally interested!

Jenn said...

Your hair is getting so long! Are you growing it out again!? I'm considering chopping my hair, but need to chat with someone who cut theirs first! Thanks! :)