Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Every Day Face

In writing some of my recent beauty posts, and cleaning out my makeup bag, I thought it would be fun to share my everyday makeup items with you. You know, my arsenal of beauty products that make me feel put together and pretty. As I've mentioned several times in the last few years, my makeup drawer is overflowing with all kinds of pink/nude lipsticks, pink/peach blushes, and the shimmer is everywhere. EVERYWHERE. With trying to focus my beauty buys more on repurchases/refills, my everyday look consists mainly of my Holy Grail items, many of which I've blogged about before.

I typically wear the same makeup every day, I may skip an item here or there, but I keep it pretty consistent. My everyday makeup probably takes me about 10-15 minutes and another 5 minutes or so if I’m getting ready for something special (i.e. pack on more shadow and mascara). I've been doing the same routine and application for so many years, I could probably do it with my eyes closed, except for the liner- could you imagine?? The biggest variance to my routine is swapping out shadow colors for more browns or pinks. MAC All That Glitters and Naked Lunch are my staples! I love them and use them as a base for most pairings. They’re often sold out, so I’ll sometimes even buy them two at a time- same with the Hue lipstick!

 photo faceBlend_zpsd0d6f06b.jpg
MAC Blush Warm Soul // NYX Matte Bronzer in Light // MAC Studio Fix in C4
L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation in W3 Nude Beige // Maybelline Age Rewind in Brightener


 photo eyesBlend_zps670306cb.jpg 
Younique 3D Fiber Mascara // Urban Decay Primer Potion // BDB Brow Powder in Taupe // 
MAC Phloof // MAC Naked Lunch // MAC All That Glitters
L’Oreal Liquid Eyeliner // L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara

 photo lipsBlend_zpse239c386.jpg
MAC Lipglass in Angel // MAC Lipstick in Hue
MAC Cremesheen Glass in Boybait // MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup 

What’s your every day makeup? What’s your Holy Grail items?

8 comments :

Kristin Thompson said...

I love this! I really want to try the MAC eyeshadows so I may have to give these colors a try!

Kristin
Crumbs & Curls

Hikari said...

I've been wanting to try the Younique fiber lashes. Do they really look like the pictures??

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

I really miss shopping at MAC, I think it's time to get myself back in there :)

Unknown said...

I'm loving this post :) We use so many of the same products! I have trouble using liquid liner & filling in my brows. Any tips?

Kristen said...

I love the MAC shadows- these colors would be gorgeous on you!

Kristen said...

I think so! Some of the pictures are a little extreme and I think those girls already had extra long lashes. There's lots of pictures of people with normal length lashes and the mascara makes a huge difference. I love the mascara- it's totally worth the splurge!

Kristen said...

Girl, me too! I only buy my everyday stuff from them now and not new products anymore.

Kristen said...

I've used liquid since junior high, I just kept practicing and using a qtip to clean up where I messed up. For brows I think it's easier to use a powder and angled brush to just full in your natural shape.