Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Product Review: Suave Dry Shampoo


Where would we be without the invention of dry shampoo? Still using baby powder? I know some people prefer that, but it's never worked that great for me and always shaded my hair too much, regardless of how little I used. I wash my hair every 4 days (sometimes 3) so a dry shampoo is perfect for day 4 (or let's be real, day 5 on some weeks). My hair is "normal", but pretty fine. It doesn't really get oily til that last day, just flat.

You know how in beauty articles they tell you how they used dry shampoo to get texture into models hair? I always thought, psssh, that stuff makes your hair gross. Then I used this product and went "aaaaah" and a lighted halo above the can lit up. Now I get it. You can use this product on clean hair to add some oomph. Not just dirty hair people. Clean, just washed, fresh hair!

I used to use another brand of dry shampoo (my favorite store-brand, TreSSemme) and although it worked to make my gross hair look presentable, I wasn't really happy with it. It just made my hair feel blech when I touched it. This product doesn't make your hair feel heavy with product, which I think is one of it's best features. It's has a nice wide misted spray which makes it easy to use as well.

As for color, I would say it's pretty clear. I notice it especially now with my darker ombre. It doesn't make my hair all grandma status either. Also, the best part of the spray, hands down, is the volume it give my flat hair. OMG. Sound the alarm, it's incredible.

Want a secret? If you know you're gonna need dry snampoo the next day, spray it on your hair the night before so it can soak up any oil by sunrise! Cool huh?

Do you use dry shampoo? What's your spray of choice?

20 comments :

REBrown said...

I've used this before and it made my hair kind of nasty feeling by the end of the day. Maybe I should try adding it the night before though...

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

I love it too! Suave is also my brand of choice. I've tried like 5 & come back to the cheapie.

Nikki said...

I just started using dry shampoo last week and unfortunately they did not have this brand so I went with Dove. So far I am happy but next time I am going to have to try Suave because my flat hair could use all the help it can get :)

Anonymous said...

i swear by this and keep one in my purse, plus a couple in stock in my bathroom at all times. i've used a lot of brands and you just can't beat this for the money.

Lora said...

I wanted to like the Suave, especially for the price, but the smell was so overwhelming. I'm gonna stick with Psssst. Slightly more pricey but definitely my all-time favorite.

Carolyn said...

I've never used dry shampoo before... to be honest, it terrifies me! HAHA Maybe I'll have to try it out. :)

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this because I have been using the Tresemme, which is ok. It leaves my hair feeling kinda gross so would love something that is a little lighter, thanks for the tip!

LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

julia rose. said...

Oh girl, this is my saving grace- like every single day!! I also use Suave (bargain blonde fo sho), but I use the Keratin Infusion Suave myself. Love it!!

Unknown said...

I have to try this one. I used Tressemme and really disliked how it made my hair feel when I touched it.

Does it make your hair dull-looking? Do you need to use shine spray after?

Thanks!

XO Alex

bronzedsundaze.blogspot.com

Hannah, Here! said...

Hmmm...I'll have to try this. I think I wash my hair too much.

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

I prefer the Suave one too! I tried Tressemme and it was awful, but the scent and quality of the Suave is far superior :)

Katie Did What said...

Dry shampoo is a God-send. I SWEAR by it! I also love baby powder, and really get the same effect from both regarding oiliness, but you're right- dry shampoo wins for a volume lifter! I have this exact one, and I've tried lots of them in between (including the bumble & bumble one) and must say, Suave works the same!! But for muuuuch cheaper, holler!

xo

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

Aaahhhh....I feel exactly the same way. I have been using this one for months and buy 3-4 bottles at a time. It works the best for the price. I HATED the Tresseme one. The smell and the feel. And I use it at night too! It gives FAB volume. HEART it!

Pamela said...

Can you share how exactly you use it? I have the same one and frankly, never know what I'm doing with it. Is that a dumb question??!

missJANEd0E said...

I use Dove Refresh Care Dry Shampoo. It's amazing!! & the stuff smells soooooo good!!

Stephanie said...

This is DEFINITELY one of my favorite hair products. Ahhh! I just don't know what I'd do without it!! And it's less than $3?! WINNING! ;)

Anonymous said...

Felt the same way about Tressemme. When I was at Ulta the other day, they were selling Bed Head dry shampoo for $7!! I bought one and LOVE it! I just don't think I'll buy it at full price when I'm out of it. I'll have to try suave now.

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

THIS is the dry shampoo I use :) Love it. I turned a co-worker onto it and she was like..."you've changed my life" hahaha! I initially tried tresseme and hated it. Lumped all dry shampoos into the category of suck. Finally gave Suave a try after a fellow brunette recommended it...so glad I did :)

Unknown said...

Bargain Blonde...LOVE it! haha. Me too, lady! Anyway this is my favorite dry shampoo for the price. I just bought tresemme's dry shampoo but I don't like it as much. Suave definitely gives me more volume. Sorry, Kristen...I know Tresemme is your jam. I am liking the moisturizing conditioner though. :)

Marissa N.
www.the-blushing-blonde.blogspot.com

mygirlsauntie said...

I just had back surgery so no shower for 2 weeks! Plus I can't even cheat and pop my hair in the sink for a quick touch up. I tried Suave cuz frankly it was the 1st one I found and a full week into recovery I had to do something with my slimy blond hair. My hair is nearly baby fine but I have a mane. I've gotta say this was a miracle product. Not only did I not have the discoloration I've gotten in the past from baby powder but the sweet citrus scent was a welcome relief. I also got the added bonus of some nice volume that I usually only achieve with mountains of mouse, root lifter etc. As far as I am concerned, I won't ever use anything else!