Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Product Review: L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

The lovely and beautifully bronzed babe Jess from The Kentucky Priss posted about her fave self-tanner and I had to grab it. Ummm, thanks Jess, another product must-have!

Pros:
- Tinted to help apply it evenly and give you some instant bronze
- Dries super quick, and absorbs faster than any other self-tanner I've used
- No stinky smell
- Tons of very fine shimmer (like Victoria Angel runway status)
- Doesn't rub off onto your clothing, not even my white shorts!
- Gives a natural bronzed look, no Lindsay Lohan orange here

Cons:
- The tint didn't make that big of a difference for me in the aid of application, I still had some orange spots, but nothing crazy
- I personally LOVE the shimmer, but that may not be for everyone
- For me, it gave me more of a gradual tan, I needed two applications before I really saw a difference

Not too many cons, I'm really happy with this product and I'm totally going to continue using this and my Jergen's Natural Glow Express (works really well, but takes forever to absorb). I do prefer a spray tanner over lotions, but I haven't been able to find one I really like. After using this L'Oreal lotion I want to try one of their sprays and when I do, I'll be sure to post about it.  I'll definitely be using this product all summer long.

What self-tanners do you use? Have you tried this one, what did you think?

**Don't forget to enter my $50 Kiki La'Rue Giveaway!**

13 comments :

Michelle said...

I use this! Works great.

JMB said...

You know I am obsessed, child! I use it on my face {you can't see the sparkles - if you use it on your face - you just THINK you're obsessed with it now...just wait. I don't even put on foundation with it and I am a foundation HOOKER. I'm not kidding.

Anonymous said...

i use this i use this!!!!! :) i think you and i are product twins sometimes :)

Lindsey said...

I've tried it and eh ... Wasn't in love. My fave at-home self-tanners are banana boat and mystic/versa in a can.

krystal said...

Oooooooooo I love products with shimmer. THANKS! Adding this to my list.

Taylor said...

I have this and I like it too, I am a failure at applying at home, however these legs really need some help - You've inspired me to slather some one tonight!!

xo-T
curlyinthecity.com

XO Grace said...

This was a must have in my bag when I worked for the Ducks! It gave a great glow and shimmer and looked awesome on camera!

erica said...

I have been looking for a good one to try - looks like i`ll be going to Target today to pick this up lol. xo

REBrown said...

I use this and really like it. I normally mix mine with regular lotion and it goes no a lot smoother. I've hardly ever had an orange spot by using this method.

Melody Kiella said...

I read your review on this and bought some last night and applied it this morning. The sparkles are not overbearing. I look forward to seeing how it works on my skin!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I bought some of this recently, thanks to Jess the Priss' raving about it. I "sampled it out" in a spot on my leg and it looks pretty good so I think I'll put it all over. I'm not a huge fan of the sparkles though...I wasn't expecting those. I also like St. Tropez foaming mousse but it's pricey.

Kristen said...

@Melody I didn't think the sparkles aren't overbearing. Let me know how it works for you, i'm really happy with it!

Wrinkle Cream Advice said...

I have just discovered your blog. Your blog is adorable, and interesting. I'm enjoy read your post.