Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Festival and Bug Fair

This weekend the family all headed out my alma mater, Cal Poly Pomona's  Pumpkin Festival and Bug Fair. It was so much fun! I'm so glad we went. I've gone before when I first moved to CA, but was never able to attend while going to school. It was Matt's first time going through a corn maze and we had a blast finding out pumpkins.


After the pumpkin patch we headed over to the bug fair, where there's 1000s of bugs on display, insects/products you can buy, and activities like cockroach races. Gross, right? It's actually really cool and the people who work the booths are very knowledgeable about the bugs/insects/animals.


Our school has a huge agriculture department and it's a beautiful campus, it was nice going back and visiting. We're definitely making this a tradition and we can't wait to go next year!

18 comments :

Amanda said...

Wow awesome photos! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Schnelle said...

Looks like you had fun! The husband and I went to a pumpkin patch over the weekend too (just posted about it, actually). The butterflies are pretty but omg those snakes freak me out! It looks like it was a huge event and those candy apples are so cool, I've never seen so many different kinds.

Taylor said...

That looks fun, minus the bugs - I really want to go to a country pumpkin patch or apple picking!

Anonymous said...

Pumpking wontons...those sound interesting. Those bats totally freaked me out!

Mrs Gable said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! I am now craving caramel apples!!!1

Mrs. H said...

I love going pumpkin picking..you got some really great pictures. Also those butterfly's are beautiful!

Jules said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love doing fall activites like that. The pics of you two in the pumpkin patch are so cute!

Anya Rudn said...

Aww your both beautiful!!!
Love love fall festivities, always fun to pick out pumpkins and run around mazes.. But def creep-ed out by the bugs... hehe

~Anya

Cassie said...

The pumpkin patch looked liked so much fun! Wish I would have gotten out and went this weekend! Did you guys carve them too??

Rebecca said...

so cool! I cant believe he had never been to a corn maze!

Anonymous said...

so fun! though ive never been to a corn maze either..

REBrown said...

Corn mazes are so fun. Those bugs look pretty neat too.

Unknown said...

OOOOH my skin is crawling just looking at those photos! I am definitely not a buggie lover. But good for you for hanging around that. :D

I hope you're having a great beginning of the week!

Megan said...

I was totally feeling the pumpkins and corn maze, but the bugs just creep me out! Haha. I have never been to a corn maze! I need to go this year!!

Anonymous said...

im officially in pumpkin heaven. but omggggggggg i hate bats. i feel like i might have evil nightmares tonight of those bats in a lockbox LOL

Angie said...

OMG you look great! I was there on Sunday and it was sooooo hot, I was a sweating mess! The pumpkin patch was great, we missed the insect fair.

Aimee L said...

I love the butterflies and bees, and the albino snakes.

Going to a corn maize/pumpkin patch this weekend, can't wait! :)

Rissy said...

HOLY COW! That was a whole lot of pumpkins... looks like a super fun day!