Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Transitional Look to Try

Photobucket


Doesn't Liv Tyler look so chic? I saw this and thought, "Oh what a cute outfit for work!". I think it would be so easy to pull of and is a great transitional outfit from winter into spring. Plus, you probably would be able to shop your own closet.

Just pair your favorite colored cardigan with matching tights, making sure to keep your dress and accessories minimal. I think open toed heel or ballet flats would look great and gladiator heels would add some edge to the outfit as well. Other colors that would also look good would be purple and green.

I've worn plenty of patterned tights to work, and although my boss makes fun of me, it is acceptable attire for our office. I once wore lilac lace tights and my boss and co-worker made fun of me, but I had two guys offer their numbers to me! I left for lunch and came back with a note that read "I like your tights, give me a call" ha ha.

What do you ladies think? Would you dare to wear such bright tights?

Here's some options on how to re-create Liv's look:
Photobucket

Black dress $22.80 available here.
Photobucket
Blue cardigan $19.99 available here.
Photobucket
Black Ruffle Zipper heel $24.20 available here.
Photobucket
Opaque blue tight $5380 available here.

6 comments :

VP said...

Liv looks lovely in that outfit!

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

I don't think I would be brave enough to pull off blue tights but Liv looks fantastic! Great post.

Janine / Being Brazen said...

LOVE that look :)

Janine / Being Brazen said...

LOVE that look :)

Anonymous said...

I love this look, I definitely think I am going to have to try it!

Hannah, Here! said...

This is perfect! I've been looking for a reason to wear my purple tights and I have a matching purple cardigan. YAY! Now for a black dress and black flats.