Monday, July 11, 2016

Our Weekend

This weekend was amazing for us. We did nothing! It was awesome not having somewhere to be or go (besides regular errands and swim class). We're always on the go, go, go, and I'm so happy to be busy with loved ones, but we've been needing a weekend just at home. The days seemed long and we napped both Saturday and Sunday (not long naps, but a quick cat nap that I'll take any day). They were long in the sense that we didn't feel like they just slipped between our fingers with a blink of an eye. We played and played with the girls, did some weeding outside, went on a Costco run, and caught up on Big Brother.

 photo F52B8AB9-C0DE-4ED0-9269-1159250D44D2_zpsyl91tkn9.jpg
Hat // Top // Shorts (on sale!)

This hat is a lifesaver! I've been wanting a baseball hat forever and it's just one of those things for me that I don't really go out and buy, it's something that I just kind of come across. Does that make sense? Since we moved into our house, I seem to have lost all of my hats except for two- a floppy felt hat and a straw panama one. Well, I've been on the lookout for baseball cap that I like and I couldn't pass this one up. Matt and I are Dodger fans, it's a soft fabric, and it's small so it fits perfectly. I've basically lived in this exact outfit all weekend long. Here, I had just washed and blow dried my hair (just flipping it over, no time for a real blow out) and threw it on to run a few errands. I think I'll be wearing this hat all the time!

   photo D970FA7A-B011-4405-8EC2-4F108AA7F8DA_zpsy3xwxlu7.jpg

Ellie has been doing so great in her swim lessons! She goes just once a week for 30 minutes, but we swim a lot on the weekends with family and friends. She's been working really hard on a few skills and this past week she's moved up in her class. We're so proud of her and her accomplishments! I really look forward to every Saturday because I love watching her in the water. She's such a natural and it's so fun to see what she's learned and how far she's come from when she started.

 photo 66F25332-7362-49D4-B162-E8BF0A390633_zpstykwkbmx.jpg
Romper // Bonnet (c/o Little Sun Hat)

Last week I realized I never gave a full update on Emma and her broken finger, so sorry to be so late on it! Emma had her cast removed a few weeks ago and her finger is healed!! Originally, the doctor had said we would need to follow up every three months and that surgery could still be a possibility. I was worried that it wouldn't heal correctly and afraid that she would have to have surgery. When the doctors removed her cast and took new x-rays, her finger had healed so well that no follow ups will be needed! I'm so incredibly thankful! Thank you everyone for your sweet words, prayers, and thoughts. It means so much to me and the family!

 photo C5583F96-CF0F-4167-8071-58125A7AE1B5_zps83pm1kiz.jpg

Are these not the cutest bows you've ever seen? I'm just in love with them! They're from Rain & Honey Bows and the colors, prints, and shapes are just to die for. I seriously want every single one in every single color and shape. Ugh, they're so cute. 

 photo 47844239-F7E2-4A4B-B1CF-F18C46A3DB18_zpssuudssly.jpg

We've lived in our house now for just over two years and it's slowly coming together. One room that is just the bane of my existence is our dining room. We've been wanting a buffet since we moved in and last weekend I finally found one! It was a total score at HomeGoods and it was so funny because when we had just bought the house I found a similar one there and by the time I decided to buy it, it was already sold! In a matter of 15 minutes or less! So this time, my mother-in-law and I guarded it with our lives until a worker came by to help us out. Now that we have it set up in the room (we finally busted out our China set from our wedding!), we just need to style it, paint the room, get a mirror, art work, a new dining table and the room will be complete! LOL. The room looks so much better though now and we finally have a direction of what we're looking for and where we want the room to go. 

 photo C458D3F1-5187-4117-8AE2-3C848D1DCDC2_zpsyseiezb9.jpg
Sheets // Ruffled Comforter and Pillow Set (Target, similar here)
Square Pillows (HomeGoods)

Last weekend, I took advantage of a bedding and bath sale at Target and I just love how a fresh made, clean sheet bed feels. I love these sheets because their have an extra elastic on them that keeps them from coming up on the corners- a problem we always had before! We've bought so many different brands and types of sheets (deep pocket ones for example) and these are our favorite! I love this taupe and gray print too, it looks so pretty against our headboard.

That's exactly where I am right now too- in my nice cozy bed, finishing tonight's Big Brother, with my little Ellie belly snoring next to me (thanks to a bedtime meltdown, she's in ours for the night). Hope you're ready for the work week! May your Monday go by quickly tomorrow!

10 comments :

Unknown said...

Loving the bedding!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! We are due for one of those. Very happy to hear your lil peanuts all better. Her poor little finger!

Krista Mae said...

I love relaxing weekends like that! In love with that buffet!

Anonymous said...

Love your casual outfit for running errands! I wish I could pull off baseball caps.

Cara (Kindly Unspoken) said...

Love that bedding and the buffet bar! So cute!

Unknown said...

I love the buffet and those bows are precious! Sounds like you had the perfect weekend!

Laura said...

Love the buffet bar, nice score especially after it was snatched so quickly the last time! Love getting new bedding too!

Laura | Laura Aime Vous

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a fun weekend! I absolutely love the bedding!

Unknown said...

Love those adorable little bows! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love my Dodgers hat for busy weeks. It's a lifesaver. xo ~ Megan