Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Favorite MAC Lipsticks

 photo 40BDF587-129F-4604-9829-9AF7D0BE5654_zpsaoaevsok.jpg

As a self-proclaimed beauty junkie, my two areas of weakness are eyeshadows and lipsticks. I’ve been buying a ton of lipstick lately and during a late night nursing sesh I’ve found two more I just have to add to my collection- MAC Pure Zen and Crème D'nude. Late at night when I can’t sleep, I love to browse shops, Instagrams, and Pinterest and always seem to find more beauty items to check out. I have an ongoing list in my phone’s notes of specific products and colors I want to see in person and that list is just ongoing and revolving.

I recently tried and attempted to clean out my makeup drawer and purse and every time I do that, I’m amazed at just how many lipsticks I own. How could I ever use all of them completely? How could I ever rationalize buying another one? Do I really need another pink lipstick? Yes. The answer is always yes. So, to justify buying those two I found during the late night sesh, I’ve challenged myself to wear a new lipstick every day during my work week. It’s been an easy challenge to do and I’ve loved re-discovering some old favorites. Hello MAC Pink Nouveau, why haven’t I been living in your sweet pink glory??? There were even a few I just didn’t love anymore and tossed out or put aside for Back to MAC. I thought it would be fun to share my favorites, starting with MAC and will do a future post with my drugstore favorites.

 photo 30986634-08B0-49F7-95FF-AEFBC4FA3EC7_zpsjofdsk8u.jpg

Here are my absolute, favorite MAC ones, left to right:

Angel (the lipglass is also my fave!), Creme Cup, Snob, Pink Nouveau, Hue, Silly, Brave, Long Legged & Fabulous, and Lickable

What are your favorite colors? After cleaning out my drawer, I've realized I'm in need of a true nude and a great red. Any suggestions?

 photo E68D47B9-5D4E-4172-9EF0-74C2962304E7_zpsre6wpgiq.jpg

12 comments :

Resume said...

After trying about 3 different reds, I finally found the best red for me, which is MAC's "M.A.C. Red" No. A95. The others were too orangey for my complexion, and MAC's is the perfect cool undertone, which is exactly what I needed. You can pair it with their clear lipgloss or their "Russian Red" No. A55.

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

So many pretties! I've been loving MAC's D for Danger and High Strung recently, and am still a HUGE fan of their Bring Back to MAC recycling program <3
Green Fashionista

Unknown said...

I also LOVE lipsticks. But shockingly, have never invested in any from MAC. Which is crazy I know, given their hype. They're also cheaper than some of my Too Faced and Urban Decay ones! I definitely need to invest. There are few that are basically in EVERY gurus "Favorites" arsenal.

Unknown said...

Ive always been scared of using lipsticks (i have quite big lips). But seeing these beautiful colours makes me want to try lippy out again!

Erika said...

YEah! Those MAC girls know what they are doing I tell you

Unknown said...

I LOVEEEEE Mac lipsticks! Especially Ruby Woo! It is such a classic red color that goes with every skin tone! <3

Abby xx
http://www.marblelouslypetite.com

Unknown said...

These colors are lovely. I like a light pink and salmon colored lipstick.

Renee Alexis said...

I love lipsticks too! But I'm more of a dark shade kind of girl. :)

therenalexis.blogspot.com

Demelza said...

I have never tried MAC lipstick either. I am not that bold when it comes to lipsticks...but I may be inspired to step out of my comfort zone. lol...great post.

Unknown said...

Love love love lipstick!!

fashchronicles said...

Love MAC lipsticks! So happy I finally got my hands on my coveted shades: Ruby Woo and Lady Danger! love your picks too!!

Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh girl I am the same way late at night. All I do is shop LOL! I love all of these colors and seriously have 3 in my shopping bag now!