Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Recent Beauty Faves + Reviews

In the last few weeks I've bought and have been sent a few new products and after trying them out, I wanted to share! I'm such a beauty junkie and love checking out what other people are using and buying. I've been pretty lucky recently and haven't bought any duds so this post is nothing but goodies!
 

 photo 8EE0EF2E-833D-49C0-AB4F-3210CA801E27_zpshthytlek.jpg

The first thing I want to share with you is a new subscription service for perfume- Scentbird. They have over 350+ scents to choose from, you log on and take a test on what types of things you lean towards and what perfumes you already like and then they suggest perfumes to try based off of your answers, or you can choose a scent on your own! The subscription is only $14.95 and they send you a month's worth of a sample (a larger size than standard perfume samples) so you can see how it really wears on you and if you like the scent before purchasing it. I also like that you get a new scent every month to try and you don't have to commit to one scent that you bought full size. For my first sample, I chose Issey Miyake d'Issey Floral and I absolutely love it! It's so fresh and not overpowering, I've worn it nearly every day. Now, I just need to select my next scent!

 photo 9BFD8501-5179-4305-9CD6-B4A1D0C5635F_zpss7yczplp.jpg

During the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I snagged this Lorac palette for $15! It's no longer available, but here is a very similar Lorac set for $28. The first four shades are perfect for everyday wear and the last three shades are a bit dark for daytime, but make a fantastic smoky eye for the night. The colors are matte, but I've found if I wanted them to have some shimmer, using Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded gives it a shimmer base (see my review here). They last all day, but have a stronger pigment at the end of the day if I use a primer (either the color tattoo or my fave UD Primer Potion). I've never used Lorac brand before, but these shadows are really great quality and I'm so happy I snagged them at the sale. I'll definitely check out more from the brand.


 photo 300654BC-0B0E-4D4D-B07C-6472851470ED_zps7sm6lcdx.jpg

So I'm totally late to the Covergirl Lash Blast cult, but I wanted to pick up a waterproof mascara for Emma's birth (check out my Iphone Pics of our hospital stay here) for the waterworks that totally happened when I got to meet my sweet babe for the first time. So, I've used it a few times before and after and I like the length it gives my lashes, but it doesn't give me a lot of fulness. I found that I have a better outcome when I use my L'Oreal Voluminous mascara as my first coat and top it with the Last Blast. I always use two mascaras for this very reason, but I really do like this CG one. I'm not sure if I'll buy it repeatedly, but it's definitely a contender in the top 5 of fave drug store mascaras (who am I kidding, I only use drug store ones!).


 photo 9DE1664C-288A-4855-8515-1AEF69107477_zpscunvkjjn.jpg

I was sent this Skindinavia Makeup Primer for consideration and wanted to share it with you guys. It's the first makeup primer spray that's silicone-free and works to reduce redness and pore size. I haven't used this every single day, but mostly for special occasions, when I'll be outside for the majority of the day, or when the weather is supposed to be extra hot or humid. One thing I love most about the spray is how it sprays- it's so even and really is a mist that covers your face. When I use it, I spray maybe 3-4 spritzes on my face and let it absorb in before applying my makeup. I think this is one of the best primer sprays I've used; it lasts all day, doesn't leave any residue, and there's no scent. I really love it!


 photo 39B260E0-11B1-474A-BDC3-61537D3B6DE5_zpsj9besxxx.jpg

Hello best gel top coat ever! I picked up this Essie Gel Setter a few weeks ago and have been really happy with it. Before, I was using Seche Vite, but it hasn't been working as well as it used to- it's gotten really thick so I bought a new bottle and it just seemed like the formula has changed and my mani lasted only a few days. With this Essie top coat, I love that I don't have to buy a different polish for it, I can use it on any of my Essie polishes (or really any polish for that matter), it dries super quick- less than ten minutes, and my mani lasted 4 days with getting only a very minor chip. It's not as shiny as I would like, but I'm so impressed with it! Definitely a must have for any polish lover!

What have you bought recently? Any goodies? Do you use any of these items? How do you like them?

FTC: All opinions are my own, based on my experience with the products. All products bought on my own, unless specified above.

1 comment :

Deborah said...

I LOVE Scentbird. This was my 8th month! My favorite scent so far is Lancome La Vie est Belle. Try it!