Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Recent Faves

Happy hump day! Only two more days left in the work week and Saturday will be here before we know it! There's been a few items I've been loving lately (and Ellie too) and wanted to share with everyone. Nothing crazy or expensive, just some everyday goods we enjoy. 

 photo 741F0053-4799-4DBB-880A-45BA128BB616_zps9i5uova9.jpg
This has been in my tea pantry forever and I recently started drinking it again and haven’t stopped. It’s so delicious and perfect for chilly mornings. I add a little bit of honey (Savannah Bee’s is delicious!) and it’s the perfect touch. It’s the perfect drink at night to unwind during a House of Cards episode, anyone else watching?

 photo CEC779C3-C25D-4777-9DE2-863BBA2CE78F_zpsquvkxvle.jpg

2. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
I’ve now completed all of Gillian Flynn’s books and this one is by far my favorite. Gone Girl was great, I didn’t catch the ending, but it was a bit boring at the start for me. Sharp Objects, I knew who the murderer was from the get-go, but still enjoyed the book overall. Dark Places though… it snagged my attention from the start and I couldn’t figure out the ending until the last three chapters. It is a great read and perfect for a weekend getaway. They're making it into a movie with Charlize Theron as the main character and I can't wait to watch! Gillian Flynn is so twisted, I’ve really enjoyed the dark tales in her books.

 photo 9BCA5214-B0BA-43BA-AA5A-AF963070F49A_zpsjmdr7eu4.jpg

3. “Sugar” by Maroon 5
No joke, I think this is the first Maroon 5 song I’ve truly ever liked. I love the sweet lyrics (pun intended) and the beat. The video is even cuter! Being married has done Adam Levine good- I hope I enjoy their future songs just as much. I'm finally getting Ellie to enjoy a song other than Uptown Funk.
 photo C7437977-E331-49AC-82AF-4CB87714C81F_zpswrornyvp.jpg
4. “Uptown Funk” music video
This video (and song) get played at our house daily, on repeat, otherwise we have a tyrant on our hands. It’s Ellie’s favorite song and she gets down on the dance floor to it.

 photo E516102C-ED83-454C-90BB-638FCE296611_zpsj1muzamb.jpg

5. Spring Nails
After getting my nails done last week, I’ve been obsessed with bright and pastel polishes. I have a couple saved on my to-buy list, but you can check out my summer favorites post for my tried and tested colors!

2 comments :

Jess Scott said...

LOVE the nail colors!! I will have to check out Dark Places...I loved Gone Girl and have been wanting to read another one of her books. Thanks for the recommendation!!

#mommylife said...

I'll have to check out those books! Been looking for a new series..and Kenzie's fave song and video too is Uptown funk! Too funny and cute watching her get down to it!