Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

 photo a20c2657778fbacb3932099575c11eb7_zpsee296cfd.jpg

It's a new year and a new day. Along with every other person in the world posting on all social medias, here is my own post of resolutions. Ha! Every year, Matt and I try to set up a few resolutions for us to follow. It's been hit and miss over the years, but this year I only have 3 so I hope it's doable.

1. Purge
This is the year of the purge. I'm kind of known to be a sentimental sap and will hold on to everything. I have Christmas/Birthday cards from my grandparents and great grandparents since I was a child. Clothes I've held onto since college, odds and ends I keep for some unknown "craft" it could be used for, etc. This year I'm purging and plan to donate, sell, and trash lots and lots. The cards are totally staying though.

2. Blog More!
Since having Ellie and since moving to the new house my blogging has really slowed down. I've thought about ditching it altogether even. For one, I don't have as much time as I used to. Between work, family, and housekeeping, there's not as much time for blogging. I don't want to cheapen my blog with half-assed or meaningless posts. I haven't had a chance to read as many blogs either, but have stuck to the few that have really stayed true to themselves and share posts that I enjoy whether it's just about their family weekends, easy how-tos, or if they simply have a Facebook page and make it easy to check out each morning as I lay in bed before I start the day. I've thought a lot about my voice in blogging and hope to shape it more this upcoming year. If you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see, please share!

3. Cook More
I've tried some more recipes lately and although I still do not enjoy cooking, I want to be able to have more dishes under my belt. I love having a day off during the week and have a warm meal ready when Matt walks in the door. Call it old fashioned, but I know he really appreciates it. Plus, since I enjoy eating, I should learn to cook. Cup of Noodles and cereal do not count as "cooking". I don't think I'll ever learn to love it (let's count running as another thing I'll never love as well), but I don't want to loathe it or be too lazy to pull something together for my family or myself.

What are some of your resolutions? Do you make any?

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Great resolutions! My hubby is a better cook than I but I do have my go to recipes that he loves. Seriously, the pioneer woman has the best recipes! We have not been dissapointed with one.

Sara Holt said...

Purging is definitely on my list of resolutions this year. We moved into our home four years ago and I still have boxes in the garage from my childhood. I really need to go through them and limit everything to at least one box. And as for cooking, that was a resolution from last year. I seriously ended up falling in love with cooking after realizing there are a ton of really great easy and quick meal ideas on pinterest! And with a toddler running around, easy and quick is just what us mamas need!

Carolyn said...

I think these are great resolutions!! :) You can DO IT!!! I hear you on the blogging... it's so hard to make time!! I find myself "marathon" blogging and scheduling when I have an hour or two of free time.

Veronika said...

I love your blog, hope you continue to blog. I too have had a hard time keeping up this year…especially with outfit posts which was the original basis of my blog. I think a lot of blogs evolve as the life of a blogger does and that's okay :)