Thursday, September 12, 2013

Buyer's Remorse + Monthly Must-Reads

Buyers Remorse - have you purchased anything recently that you wish you hadn't? What is it and why do you regret buying it?

This month's question is such a good one! Don't we all have those moments where you are so excited to buy something, or you buy something on impulse and just immediately regret afterwards? Those are the worst purchases. I hate when that happens and the guilt and disappointment that follows. Ugh.

I've been pretty good about buying items that are versatile in my closet, can be worn to work or out with my family and friends. However, remember those late night shopping sprees I've been on while nursing during the night? Well, a purchase bit me in the butt.

 photo 6177_zps92d501d0.jpg

These earrings were added to my cart from Very Jane because I thought they'd be easy to wear and could be worn any day with just about any outfit. When I got them in, they looked really cheap. I usually don't go for gems that have that iridescent look to them, but the pictures of them alone and on the model's ear looked so good I just went for them. They're just not my style though. I was pretty disappointed in their quality and I haven't worn them and really don't ever plan to. I've been happy with all of my purchases from their site, so I consider this just a fluke.

 photo pTRU1-15103967dt_zps1126b72a.jpg
Another regret purchase is the Moby Wrap. Well, I didn't purchase it, it was gifted to me from my baby shower and I was so freaking excited for it. I'm really interested in baby wearing and thought that this wrap would be the best option for us.Like I mentioned in my Baby Must-Haves for 3 Months, it's like rocket science trying to figure it out. I read and re-read the handout it comes with, watched several YouTube videos, and just couldn't get the hang of it. The baby stores should really offer a class on using it, no joke. I would have taken it in a heart beat. Instead, I was able to return it and bought the K'Tan and love it. It's super easy to use and can be used in several different ways. Ellie loves being wrapped in it and it's great to use when we're at the store or doing things around the house.

Have you had any buyer's remorse recently? How do you avoid it?

Also, if you have any pregnancy or post-partum questions for me, feel free to ask in this post and I'll be sharing my answers next week.


Question of the month from Ella: Buyers Remorse - have you purchased anything recently that you wish you hadn't? What is it and why do you regret buying it?




8 comments :

Miss Chelsea said...

I'm totally one of those people who go on a shopping blitz, then let it all hang in my closet with tags on... and return what I haven't worn like a week later ha

Montana said...

I have way too many buyer's remorse moments! Almost always on JEWELRY! Ugh!!

Unknown said...

I have been disappointed with the quality of jewelry from very jane. I love all my other purchases.

Unknown said...

I have been disappointed with the quality of jewelry from very jane. I love all my other purchases.

Ella Pretty Blog said...

So glad you could exchange the wrap for something you could use - it's a happy ending to buyers remorse LOL!

Unknown said...

Ha ha! I bought the molly wrap too and just couldn't figure it out! I watched YouTube videos on it and everything !!! Sighhh regret !

eliz said...

So right after I had Mya I didn't fit into most of my clothes so i went on a crazy shopping spree...big time buyers remorse because now everything is too big...and some of the cute skirts I bought I never wore so they still have tags an all..

Mrs Gable said...

Normally I am happy with everything I buy, but the high chair I just bought for my little man was expensive and I don't like it at all. The oxo tot sprout... Wont be telling my hubby that I secretly dislike the chair!