Monday, September 30, 2013

Get in my Belly!

Since I eat breakfast every morning and pack a lunch each night for work I've been asked a few times what a typical day is like. I've always been a breakfast gal since childhood and I've packed a lunch since high school so I'm used to the routine. I love to eat out, but it can really add up during the week buying lunch each day. I prefer to see my money spent on Ellie or in my closet and not on my waistline, but to each their own.

Here's a typical food day during the week:

 photo quaker-old-fashioned-oatmeal-42oz_zps5973601a.jpg
Breakfast:
-Overnight oats
I just started doing this and love it! Oatmeal helps breast milk production and I have seen a spike in what I'm able to pump each day (although each day still varies between 8-11.5 oz while at work pumping 3x). I use a mix of 1 cup oats, a full yogurt container, and 1/2 cup milk. So far my favorites have been raspberry and blueberry yogurt.
-Cereal
This ranges from Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, Cheerios, Frosted Mini-Wheats whatever has a good sugar intake. I can't help my sweet tooth!

 photo Colby-Pepper-Jack-Slice_1_zpsf53cbcfa.jpg
Lunch:
-Fruit/Veggies
I like to pack several fruits and veggies ranging from nectarines, peaches, raspberries, bananas, apples, kiwi, carrots, grapes, or cucumbers. They're nice healthy snacks that are also refreshing and I don't have to worry about how much of them I eat.
-Cheese
I'm a total cheese freak and have string cheese on the daily. I'm not kidding. I think the only meal it's missing from is my breakfast. I love Colby-Jack sticks- they're so delicious!
-Snacks
I'll add granola bars, gummy bears, cookies, pretzels, and chips to each lunch. It's nice having something crunchy and sweet each day. 
-Sandwich
Each night I pack all of my snacks and make a sandwich fresh each morning. Turkey is my favorite meat and I don't really venture outside of that although I do like other sandwich meats. Eating a turkey sandwich can get boring on a daily basis so I switch it up by using spicy/brown mustards, banana peppers, adding salt/pepper, and using different cheeses. Right now my favorite is Sargento's Colby-Pepper Jack. 

What does your day look like? Do you eat breakfast and pack a lunch too? 

FTC: I received my choice of Sargento cheese complimentary for review from Influenster. All opinions are my own and based off my own experience. The cheese is bomb.
Post a Comment