Monday, September 23, 2013

Favorite Drug-Store Finds

Recently, I’ve started using more drug-store beauty supplies than I have in the past. The majority of my makeup has been Sephora and MAC, but recently I just don’t have the time to swing by the mall to pick up items. Luckily, I’ve found some great alternatives that have worked fabulously for me. I’m including only items I’ve used for months and have re-purchased. I’ve recently bought some items that I’ve been using and really like, but am not including them in here only because they haven’t withstood the test of time. Sometimes an item is great for a month or so and then crashes and burns. So these are my tried and tested, true blue items I love and recommend. By the way, why is it true blue? Why can’t it be true pink or orange? Anyways, here’s my favorites:
 photo FavoriteDrugStoreFindsBlend_zpsc6b71b96.jpg
L’Oreal True Match Foundation
I love this stuff! I’m on my 3rd bottle and I don’t think I would ever switch. The formula is lightweight and provides plenty of coverage. There’s no smell, lasts all day long, blends easily, and doesn’t leave a film or “sit” on top of your skin. It comes in a variety of shades and tones so it’s easy to find a great match. I wear Nude Beige W3.

L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara
Once I tried L’Oreal’s mascara, I never looked back. This stuff is legit. It’s dark, creamy, doesn’t smudge, and most importantly to me- it doesn’t flake! I had such a hard time finding a mascara that didn’t flake and leave a trail all down my face by the end of the day. Their mascaras also leave my lashes looking both long and lush- both a must-have in my book.

NYX Matte Bronzer
I absolutely love this bronzer! Just like with the L’Oreal True Match Foundation, I’m also on my third one- I’ve even already bought the 4th one because I’m almost out. I was looking for what seemed like forever for a bronzer that was matte and couldn’t believe how hard it was to find one. It comes in Light, Medium, and Dark and doesn’t leave you looking orange whatsoever. Usually bronzers don’t have many shade options and I liked that NYX offered three. I used Medium for my first purchase and was happy with it, but have since used Light.

e.l.f. Studio Cream Liner
I’ve been using a liquid liner since middle school and didn’t think to try anything new, but I kept hearing over and over again about this liner from so many people and some of my favorite bloggers (like Meg O on the Go) so I bit the bullet and spent the $3 to try this out. Best $3 I ever spent on beauty. This liner doesn’t smudge, smear, or fade and lasts all day and into the night (to be honest- even into the next day if you don’t wash it off). There’s no reason to ever buy any gel liner or spend anything extra on one when this liner is amaze balls. I wear black nearly every day, but will also wear their Coffee shade as well for a more natural and softer look.

Revlon Lipstick and Gloss
These are one of the products where you want to buy every single color. I haven’t been disappointed in any lipstick or gloss I’ve bought from this brand- they have all been beautiful colors, long-lasting, and moisturizing. I’ve used several high end brand lip products and they just don’t deliver as well as Revlon or Revlon is equal in quality so why pay more for a product? Revlon also offers a wide variety of colors to fit the different seasons and skin tones. I could spend hours checking out their lipsticks at Ulta. My current favorites (my favorites vary depending on the season) are Pink Snow in their gloss and Kiss Me Coral in lipstick (it also has a matching gloss).

Maybelline Age Rewind
This has to be the best under eye concealer in the entire world. I use this every single day and it keeps me looking bright eyed and bushy tailed. From the outside, you would never guess I was a mom to a newborn girl running on sometimes only a few hours of sleep that was broken up during the night. I have to go as far as saying that this is one of my Holy Grail products, you know- the ones you would take on a deserted island. I use the Brightener 160 shade.

What are your favorite drug store brands? What shades are your must-have?

5 comments :

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Would you recommend the Maybelline Age Rewind over Benefit's Erase Paste? I swear by that stuff, but if I can find a cheaper alternative that would be amazing :)

Meg O. said...

I'm so glad you are loving the ELF cream liner!! That stuff is the bomb!!! I have been debating whether or not to try the true match foundation but I usually love all of your suggestions. I like a full coverage foundation - do you think I will like it? I also need to pick up some more Revlon lipsticks!

Kristin Thompson said...

My mom LOVES the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer, she's tried so many & it's her absolute favorite!

Kristin
crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com

Montana said...

Ok! I'm going to have to try the Loreal True Match, I have been eyeing it when shopping, but am always too nervous! I will give it a shot! Thanks for the reviews :)

Rachel Steck said...

I love posts like this from you because your suggestions have been spot-on. You are totally correct on the E.L.F. eyeliner and the Revlon lipgloss (which I tried because of your posts). I LOVE both. I've been using this mascara for almost two years now and it is amazing, so you're right again! I have the foundation and the concealer on my list to try and I feel I can purchase w/confidence thanks to you. So THANK YOU!!!

xoxo
Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com