Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Product Review: Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette

Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette - In The Nude

I bought this palette a few months ago during the Sephora Friends and Family, see my other goodies here. All of these colors are so gorgeous, I really love all the shimmer too. The shadows are baked, so you can use them wet or dry, but I have yet to try them wet.

Here's some swaps, first pic is the top row and the second pic is the bottom row.
(no flash)

The colors aren't very pigmented, so you can build to your color. This palette would be fantastic for people who are eyeshadow novices, or don't like dramatic shadows. This is also perfect for any eye color and skin tone.

I don't use it as often as my Urban Decay Naked Palette (see my review here), but this palette gets a lot of mileage. The colors last my work shift, but need some touching up if I'm going out. They work best with a primer to keep it from fading and creasing during the day.

Overall, I really like this palette, it's perfect for an easy light wash of color and for a smoky look. If I had to choose between this and the UD Naked, I'd definitely choose the Naked because the colors are more pigmented and offer a wider variety. It's an awesome price point though at $28.

Have you tried baked eyeshadow before? What about this palette?

7 comments :

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

Really pretty palette! This would be great for someone like me if they had it without the shimmer. Really pretty though!

Schnelle said...

That palette is full of beautiful neutrals (my fav). I bet if you used them wet they would be more pigmented. I agree, my Naked palette is my go-to palette; I really don't need anything else.

Mrs Gable said...

That is a nice color palette. I am such a MAC snobe and really have a hard time trying other brands when it comes to eye shadows. But I have heard great things about this palette.

Unknown said...

The palette looks so pigmented and shimmery comparing to the swatches. But still beautiful colors.

Nado Queenie said...

oooh! these are so pretty!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous palette- i've looked at this before, thanks for the swatches!!

REBrown said...

Such a nice color pallette!