Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Faves- Beauty Products

Hello and happy Friday! I haven't done a Friday Faves in a short bit and I'm happy to bring it back with some of my recent beauty faves, some new and some tried and true. I don't usually have a theme for these posts, but today's just happened to be all beauty items. Do you guys like these posts? Do you prefer a theme? Let me know, I want to make sure I'm creating content you enjoy reading.

 photo 05E1BF40-9C81-4E62-B8FE-35C116237F78_zpsekf170yf.jpg



Fall Neutral Nails 
My favorite season definitely has to be spring, but I do look forward to dark manis come fall. My favorites are the shades that are so dark they almost look black (Essie’s Wicked is one that comes to mind), but I also love the look of soft neutrals in the fall too. Grays, mauves, and nude are perfect for this time of year! From left to right- Glamour Purse, Ladylike, Chinchilly, and Topless & Barefoot. I love these colors paired with an ultra dark pedicure too. See some of my favorite fall colors here.

 photo 9F9BBC45-96AC-4991-B2A1-EEFC105E7FD0_zpsibxxuol7.jpg

Fit Me Foundation
I’ve been using this foundation for years and still like it, but my skin has changed a lot since weaning and it just wasn’t cutting it for me anymore. I needed something that offered the same buildable coverage, but would last throughout the day without disappearing and I needed it to be matte. Boy, did I need it to be matte! I’ve used the Fit Me line in the past when it first came out but hadn’t used it in forever. I’ve heard so many things about the line again lately- that it’s long lasting, blends easily, offers great colors options, etc. that after my first initial freak out about finding a new foundation faded, I knew exactly which one I wanted to try, Fit Me Matte + Powerless (I wear the Ivory shade). To be honest, I don’t wear foundation every day, but I’m loving this one and have been wearing more days than not because it looks so flawless on. It really has lived up to everything I’ve heard and looks so natural on, I have no complaints or cons about it and I’m so glad I tried something new!

 photo 2DAA29E7-2D54-4193-96B7-83ED0C81D1C6_zpsymi6td0n.jpg

MAC Palette
If you’ve been following me for a while you know my beauty weakness is eyeshadow. I need another shadow or palette like I need a hole in the head. I picked up this MAC Palette during the Nordstrom sale and have been going back and forth about using it when it first came in. I didn’t immediately grab for it every morning, but I brought on our Washington state trip (see my recaps here and here, and what other products I packed here) and have been using it a ton ever since. Although I’ve been loving this palette, I still wouldn’t call it a must-have, this palette is great if you’re looking for the basics or just getting started with shadows. I mostly have been using the top three pink/burgundy hues and the middle bronzes. MAC is one of my favorite for shadows, they’re always pigmented, blend easily and are long lasting.

 photo 6B775466-47C8-4E05-90FB-9F33BFA38E69_zpsjsckvc6m.jpg

Lip Combo
The majority of my lipsticks are nudes and pinks, and I just love a good nude lip! I included this Crème D’Nude shade in a previous Friday Faves, but I found the best gloss for it. Crème D’Nude and NYX Fortune Cookie is positively perfect together. I love NYX’s butter gloss line, they’re so creamy and have a great color about them. Anytime I want to add some shine to my nude lip, I always reach for this gloss. It’s gorgeous on it’s own and I love how well they blend together.

Hope you guys have a great weekend! We have a big Halloween family party tomorrow and I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the girls in their costumes!

No comments :