Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Vegas: What I'm Packing

This weekend marks our 5th wedding anniversary and to celebrate, Matt and I are headed to Vegas! I'm so excited to get away and some time to ourselves. We rarely get any time for ourselves and when we do, it's always with an agenda. We have no plans and no schedule for the weekend and I can't wait! All we have on our to-do list is eat, sleep, and lounge by the pool. It's supposed to be cooler temps with possible rain so I'm not sure if we'll get too much time at the pool, but I'll be ready!

For the last week, I've been planning my outfits and what to pack and I finally had a chance to lay everything out to see how it would look together and make sure I don't forget anything. It's not a new concept by any means, but I like to lay everything out and see how I can make the most of what I want to pack. Can I mix and match them? Is there something I can leave home to keep a lighter bag? I always pack a few extra outfits or pieces like jeans or a cardigan and there's still one outfit I need to try on to see how they look together in real life, but I think I'm all set otherwise!

 photo 4DCBC430-942B-427F-B1AD-DD300138947F_zpsqsb3zjhx.jpg
Sweater (old, similar here) // Soft Shorts // Sandals (love these too!) // Purse // Necklace

I've tried these shorts on so many times at Target and I've always loved them because they're so soft, but just never bought them. They're on sale for $15 and I thought they'd be perfect for walking the strip or driving home. My SIL gifted me this gorgeous blue handbag from my Spring Wishlist for my birthday and I can't wait to use it this weekend! There's a ton of pockets and the color is perfection!

 photo B416F53D-AB74-4780-8C8D-E9A01569F9BF_zpsur3gqehu.jpg
Tank // Shorts (Old Navy last year, similar here) // Purse // Necklace

I'll probably wear this outfit on the way there. This peplum tank has been on repeat a lot lately (I have it in white too), it's so easy to just throw on and head out the door. I bought these shorts last year when I was pregnant and they're so comfortable. They have pockets too! I wish I bought every pair last year, luckily a lot of shops have similar styles in this year so I can add some more to my closet.

 photo C6FABF2E-E393-4E44-BF34-9CE04884414B_zpso8td7hwu.jpg
Hat (Old, similar here) // Cover up // Suit (Victoria Secret- in store only, similar here)

 photo 2106F996-B814-4513-A8BB-296E24B3AE8A_zpslwyjd857.jpg
Sunnies // Kimono (Forever 21 last year, similar here) // Top // Bottom

I'm really hoping and praying that there's good weather this weekend, because all I want to do is lounge around the pool and the hotel's lazy river. What's a vacation without a pool day?

 photo 2F0853A4-6812-4E76-A0B5-8CA096F87B06_zpswts5ip25.jpg
Pants // Top (similar here) // Necklace

If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen this outfit- I wore it on Sunday to celebrate my birthday with a family BBQ. I'm obsessed with these pants and necklace! Palazzo pants are so cozy and soft to wear and they're great in the summer since they're so lightweight. The necklace is amazing, I won it from Brittany's IG giveaway and I love it! It pairs so perfect with the pants and my blue crossbody above, I always get so many compliments on it! It's a great statement piece for sure.

 photo 83CD096A-6BD1-4844-8F62-21F46A799C69_zpsztngtcgb.jpg
Top // Shorts // Sandals (love these too!) // Lipstick (Coral Crush)

I'm still loving this outfit! It's definitely a go-to for me. I plan on wearing this for walking the strip and shopping during the day. I picked up this fun bright coral and haven't really had the chance to wear it, but I hope to bust it out this weekend.

 photo 2D2C36BD-AB24-4836-8A37-C0F85E2BA754_zpsusqgz4xb.jpg
Top (similar here) // Jeans // Purse // Lipstick (Long Legged & Fabulous) // Shoes

I've been saving this look for a date night (see it on in this post) and we plan on doing a nice dinner one night and this is what I'm gonna wear. I LOVE the lace detailing on this top and flutter sleeves. It's so feminine and chic. I ordered a dress too last week and if it arrives in time, I'm going to pack that too as an alternative or second nice meal outfit.

Only three more sleeps until our trip! Can you tell I'm excited? I haven't been to Vegas in so long and I used to go all the time to party back in college. It's definitely going to be a different trip this time and I've never gone just Matt and I. I'm really looking forward for us to reconnect and get some adult time and recharge together.

What are your favorite Vegas shows and restaurants? He wanted to surprise me with Britney tickets, but she just had her last show last weekend! We want to check out a show while we're there, what do you suggest?

4 comments :

XO Kerry said...

I have that peplum tank and similar shorts that are also making our trip! I love your date night look! I need something for Saturday night. My hubby will keep his wedding clothes on but I don't think I can handle a night on the town in my dress and heels! Thanks for the pointers :)

Unknown said...

Super cute outfit choices! Have so much fun!
Kari
www.sweetteasweetie.com

The Classic Brunette said...

So jealous, you'll have a great time in Vegas! I'm going there in a few months for my friend's 21st, I can't wait!

xo
Sami
www.theclassicbrunette.com

Adriana said...

These are all so cute!! I love that F21 kimono! Have so much fun!