Thursday, October 3, 2013

OOTD: Peplum

 photo E740529A-1E00-4FAF-B029-59763F763ED2-26222-00000B5C785E1B2B_zps65112cb3.jpg photo D953D18F-7529-4FA8-A177-CDD471131238-26222-00000B5C7318FF1F_zpsb8e7b262.jpg

Forever 21 Top (not online, similar here)
Darling Clememtine Necklace from Groopdealz

I'm totally late on posting this, but I wore this last week for work. I was on the hunt for a white peplum top forever. When I say "hunt" I mean I just kept my eye out for one. I'm not really shopping like I used to now that I have Ellie. Most of my shopping is for her, I have wishlists all over for items to go on sale for her, toys I wanna check out, etc. Anyhoo, when I saw this top at Forever 21 it was like a halo of light was above it. I knew it would be mine immediately, without even trying it on. I've worn it a few times since I bought it and absolutely love it. The material is great, it's to die for paired with a pencil skirt. I'm sad I missed the peplum crazy since I was pregnant for most of it, but I'm glad it hasn't gone away completely because I love this top. I initially had worn it with a pretty mint necklace and posted a pic on IG with that necklace, but since I wore the necklace the last time I wore it, I swapped it for this coral/mint one instead. I've seen this necklace a few times on Groopdealz and always liked it, but never bit the bullet and then I just went for it one day and I'm so glad I did because I love the colors and it's really easy to wear.

Have you worn the peplum trend? How do you feel about it? 

2 comments :

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Love it, looks awesome on you :)

Schnelle said...

I wanted so many peplum things when I was preggo so I totally understand the feeling. I think it's still in enough where we can get out fill though. Love that top, such a great find.