Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pinterest Recipe: Sopapilla Cheesecake

Ok, so this post is kind of a cheat because I wasn't the first to make it, but I had to share it! The hubs and I had my carpool buddy and his wife over (they are amazing and we can't wait to hang out again!) for dinner and asked them to bring a dessert. They brought the most amazing, mouth watering dish EVER. I could have eaten the entire pan as a meal. I couldn't let them go without getting the recipe and it was actually the first time she had tried tried it herself and said it was super easy. Ummm, I'm totally going to make this all the dang time.

 photo 6327ffa5bbbbd4d96d229c8e39b599b6_zps012a4f55.jpg

Here's the recipe from this Pinterest Pin:

2 cans pillsbury butter crescent rolls
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
Cinnamon & sugar

Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased 9x13 pan. If you half this recipe, it fits in an 8x8 pan. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread mixture over crescent rolls.

Unroll and spread remaining crescent rolls over mixture. Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

They served it with vanilla ice cream and strawberries and I nearly had a heart attack. Delicious! It's also great as a breakfast item as well (but skip the ice cream). They were sweet enough to leave us the extra so the hubs and I had it for dessert another night and it was perfect reheated, tasted just as good as it was fresh. Gotta love food that works that tastes just as good when reheated.

This weekend we celebrated Mother's Day with my husband's side of the family on Saturday with a brunch at our home. Matt and I made this dish and it was gone in seconds. The cream cheese/sugar/vanilla mix is tasty and so melty and creamy right out of the oven. I ended up giving the recipe to all three of my sister in laws! Here's how ours looked on Saturday:

 photo DA64E913-6FEA-4B77-85B7-CBBFC2056C74-1441-00000087D4C54C78_zps02e55202.jpg

Thank you again guys for the delicious treat and recipe! It's my new go-to.

4 comments :

Meg O. said...

Holy cow!!! Get in mah belly nowwwwww

Anonymous said...

Oh man, these sound delish! And I'm sure they're super healthy and a part of everyone's diet ;) ha! Thanks for sharing!

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Thanks for the recipe - these look AMAZING - I've pinned them to make soon.

Cream cheese, sugar & vanilla together sound irresistible!

MY BLOG: ♥♥♥ Ella Pretty ♥♥♥


Leslie said...

Oh my goodness.....sounds aaaamazing!!