Monday, May 20, 2013

Packing for Delivery- A Cry for Help

 photo HospitalBlend_zpsb7e7c985.jpg

Ermahgudnes. I can't believe it's time to start packing for the hospital. I'm having a baby next week. Let me repeat that again, I'M HAVING A BABY NEXT WEEK! WHAT THE HECK DO I NEED?

So thanks to my trusty book Secrets of the Mommyhood (available here), blogs, and Pinterest, here's what I think I need. Now I know everyone woman is different and I'm bound to pack stuff that's just silly and won't get used, but I'd rather overpack and have it available than to underpack. Well, I only live 5 minutes from the hospital so I guess a family member could run and pick it up for me and it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

THE BASICS:
Photo ID and insurance cards
Large envelope for paperwork
Pen and paper
Contact list for baby updates
Light reading materials
Phone/camera/IPad + Chargers
Pillow and blanket from home
Snacks and treats
Thank you cards
Journal
Cash/Change

FOR MOMMY:
Going home outfit
Comfortable PJs (is a bathrobe necessary?)
Nursing gown, bras, tanks, and pads
Cotton granny panties
Flip flops and non-skid cozy socks (I don't think I'll need slippers, I never ever wear them)
Glasses and extra contacts
Lip balm, hair ties, lotion
Toiletries (including dry shampoo) and make-up
Blow dryer and curling iron (yes, I realize I may never use it)
Nursing pillow

FOR BABY:
Infant car seat
Newborn and 0-3 Months outfit
PJs
Swaddlers
Blanket
Socks and mittens
Grooming Kit (mostly for the nail clippers)

We have a Maternity Tour and Tea on Wednesday so I can see what the hospital room looks like, what they provide, and see if I'd like to bring anything of my own instead of what's provided like towels and what not. 

What else should I pack? What can I skip over? What do you wish you had?
Post a Comment