Monday, September 12, 2016

Baby Food Recipes with Gerber Lil' Bits



 photo 9FC453BC-9F59-4498-947E-180CFADCE5CA_zpsgkh9sr6d.jpg


When we started Emma on solids, I did the same thing for her as I did for Eleanor and made all of her food myself. It’s important to me to know what I’m feeding them, the ingredients that went into making it, and ensuring that they’re getting the best to help their bodies develop. I also wanted to make sure that as I was introducing them to a wide variety of food with different flavors and textures.


 photo 55A71990-3F8B-4DF2-A83D-CA9A063D4AAE_zpsq5mz5fm1.jpg photo 1A0FB0BE-10D0-41DC-A668-C63BAE5F7738_zpsrfh9gsmj.jpg


Every Sunday I would steam, boil, or bake different foods and then puree them for the week. Emma devoured all of our purees and loved anything with apples, sweet potato, and pears. When it came time to eat solid food and not just pureed foods, it was so hit and miss! We had a terrible time trying to get her to eat the same foods she loved before pureed. I talked to my friends and her daycare teachers and one of her teachers suggested that we try Gerber Lil’ Bits. She had seen other babies through the years eat it and figured it could help get some food into her belly for us. I went out that night and picked up a few different varieties and we haven’t looked back!

 photo B1EAA32E-7961-4C49-B471-EBD047ACC5C7_zpsmnfb3ouv.jpg


When shopping for Gerber Lil’ Bits, I stock up on all her favorite flavors for the week and she eats two different ones each day while at school. It’s the perfect mix of puree and bits and now at dinner and on the weekends she is happy to eat whatever we’re eating at the table. I’m so glad her teacher suggested these, I was really getting worried about how I could teach her to chew bits of food without gagging and to eat enough of them to be full. Eleanor loved all foods instantly and it was never a struggle to feed her so I was at a total loss when it came to Emma. I’m so glad we found Gerber Lil’ Bits, it’s taught her to be a master chewer and help her sleep through the night now that she has a full belly! Gerber Lil’ Bits offer a variety of foods so Emma has had the chance to have a wide range of flavors and textures, much more than what I was making and mixing for her myself.

 photo 509C8522-B4DA-45D9-B5B0-FF775DAE6AB5_zpsen1ifcca.jpg  photo DD72A761-DD3B-47DC-BB24-2872B27AAD2F_zpsjpfvnzbu.jpg


For her favorite fruit mixtures, I’ve started making her some yummy popsicles using Gerber Lil’ Bits and yogurt. They’re really tasty and Emma loves having them on a hot day, when her teething is bothersome, and for dessert (Ellie loves these as well!). It’s so easy to make and nearly mess free! It's super simple to make really quickly and put away for later.

 photo 96A765E9-8030-49F9-A8B1-B68F3F86DA1F_zpsxllpcwwm.jpg  photo 35C4261D-1D77-4B6A-BA6F-2C375603DF8A_zpswjga8gmz.jpg

Recipe:
-mix 1 Gerber Lil’Bits Apple Banana with 1 single serve yogurt (there’s so many mixes and new flavors you can create!)
-I store ours in our silicone food maker since together, they make a large serving

It's been such a welcome snack, especially on our hot CA days! Emma just goes to town on them and Ellie enjoys them too! I'm so glad her teacher suggested them for us, I'm not sure what I would have done if I couldn't get her to chew thoroughly! Emma loves a lot of the Gerber Lil' Bits, her favorite fruits include their Apple Blueberry, Banana Apple Mango, Orchard Fruit Medley, and these go great with the yogurt mixes! I always use a yogurt flavoring that isn't included in the Gerber Lil' Bits. Her favorites meals also include their Butternut Squash & Potato, Sweet Potato Apple Carrot & Cinnamon, and Garden Vegetable & Beef Dinner.

How did you start your babies on solid foods? What are your favorite Gerber Lil’ Bits mixes?

11 comments :

tawright said...

Cute Popsicles! Cute baby!!

Unknown said...

The absolute cutest! Looks like the yummiest food for her!

Brittany said...

These pictures are adorable! Looks like she's enjoying them so much!

Val @ Lovely Lucky Life said...

Such cute pics! Those popsicles are a great idea :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Looks like your little loves them!

Unknown said...

those popsicles are a genius idea! Definitely trying that for Evelyn!

Lindsay said...

The Popsicle idea is so smart! My daughter would love those

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! She's so cute!

Unknown said...

We love lil bits! I am loving the Popsicle idea!! Never thought of that!

ericaligenza said...

Your baby is such a CUTIE!

Coming Up Roses

Qveen Brallie said...

Loovely blog you have here