Monday, March 14, 2016

Think Happy Be Happy Link-Up

"Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is." -Mandy Hale

Hello friends! This link party was created as a way to create some inspiration and happiness as we begin our week. It can be hard to find the happiness in our day to day, and I believe it truly does help to take a second to find the positive. Please take a second to visit all of my wonderful co-hosts who will be sharing this link party as well!
I've always been a firm believer that happiness is a choice and I'm naturally a positive person, but this year has had a rough start for us. It was just one thing after another for us and I felt like I just couldn't catch a break! Sickness, daycare issues, work shortcomings, repeat. At the end of February, I was beginning to get worn down by everything. I could feel that negative feeling slowly creep over me and I really didn't want to go down that road. That dark, sad road that is so much harder to travel back from than it is to stroll down. Negative Nelly is not a part of who I am, it doesn't go with my personal belief system, and I felt like I had to strap on my boots and take charge. I wanted to wallow in my pity party, but how would the rest of the year fall if I kept this perspective? 

A pep talk and some prayer is all I needed to turn around my attitude. Would things get better? Maybe. Could more things happen? Of course! But how would a terrible attitude and poor perspective help me and my family face our challenges? I prayed and prayed. Not that our problems would go away (that would be nice, but it's not very practical), but that I would have the strength to take them on head first. That I could commit myself to be an example to my children, to communicate with my husband, and see the opportunities that would present themselves. I've been dealt a bad hand before, I just needed to play my cards right. 

Nothing crazy or even Facebook status worthy happened to me to make our problems go away, but it's such a wonder what a change in perspective can do for you. Sometimes, you just need to buck up. It's as simple as that. Take a long, ugly cry in the shower and leave it there. Take on the new day with a smile and a bold lipstick. 



  Think Happy Be Happy Link Party  

Rules of the Party:

  • Leave a link to your actual post and not your homepage. A link back to your host, is greatly appreciated. Feel free to grab our link party button to add to your post.
  • Please link up only your happiness related posts.
  • Don’t link up and run, please visit other bloggers. Make new friends or say hello to old friends.
  • Please follow your hosts and guest hosts in some way.
  • Have fun with your posts! I truly hope it helps with starting your week off on a positive note!
This link party was created as a way to create some inspiration and happiness as we begin our week. It can be hard to find the happiness in our day to day, and I believe it truly does help to take a second to find the positive.


No comments :