This month's question What did you eat today? You can pick any day or an average day.
I'm always intrigued by what other people eat, it gives me inspiration from my usual. I wake up an extra half hour earlier than I need to get ready just so I can eat breakfast and make a lunch for work. Everyday I HAVE to eat breakfast, my day just isn't right without it. I've also always pack a lunch, I can count on one hand how many time I've bought lunch at work in the past year. I'd rather just spend my money elsewhere, plus I can ensure I eat what I need to.
For this post, I chose to do what I eat on an average day, that way I can share my usual meals and not just what I happened to eat on any particular day (which would contain mostly candy recently with Halloween and such!)
Breakfast:I like to think of cereal as the breakfast of champions. Actually, I could eat cereal any time of day, it's so delicious! Recently I've switched to 1% milk and my favorite cereals are Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, or Frosted Mini Wheats. Other favorites are oatmeal with a banana or an egg over easy with a slice of unbuttered toast.
Snack:Typically I have a snack mid-morning that's either a string cheese, apple with Laughing Cow Soft Cheese, grapes, plain vanilla yogurt with granola (I just crush up a Nature Valley bar) or wheat pretzels.
Lunch:PB&J on wheat, turkey slices with spicy mustard (a child hood favorite), turkey sandwich, and of course leftovers from the night before.
Snack:Of course I snack again mid-afternoon, usually it will be whatever I have leftover from my lunch. Such as grapes, Quaker Oats Granola bar, almonds, cheese and crackers, pickles, or gummi bears.
Dinner:The hubs and I make the same thing a lot, but every now and then we step out of the box. When that happens, I usually blog about it because I consider it a miracle. Our typical dinner is cheese raviolis with marinara and garlic bread, sausage links/chicken with grilled peppers, steamed artichokes, grilled cheese, fish, BLTs, or chicken quesadillas. We always have sides like a salad, green beans, or zucchini.
So, if you haven't picked up on it, I tend to eat a ton of dairy. Also, I usually drink 2-3 glasses of milk a night with dinner- hence why I had to switch from whole milk to 1%! LOL.Well, there you have it. I typical day in my belly.
What do you usually have for your meals?
- Alison*Elle - Alison caused a dressing room scene and lived through the embarrassment to share her story.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle used one of her favorite bloggers as inspiration to create a pretty outfit.
- Ella Pretty - Ella attended her first fashion show - and received free pants!
- Lilly's Style - Lilly is enjoying wearing burgundy this Fall.
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay's lovely layers.
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen has been Falling into Fashion with these style inspirations.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle mixed black and brown for the first time and was pleasantly surprised.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette's fall wardrobe has consisted of a lot of skinny jeans and flowy tops.
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen's coveting these items ... And recently knocked one off her list!