35 Weeks 3 Days
Yesterday I had my 36 week check up and everything is looking great! Only 2 more appointments left before she arrives! This pregnancy has seriously flown by so quickly. When I was pregnant with Eleanor, I didn't have anything to distract me, it was pregnancy/baby 24/7 with all of the excitement, setting up, classes, etc. and it went by sometimes at what felt like a snail's pace. Now that Eleanor is 2 and running around everywhere and we have had a ton of family events I feel like I just found out I was pregnant a few months ago, not months and months ago.
Here are some updates from my appointment and the past week:
- She's still a she! I had a dream a few weeks ago that the baby turned out to be a boy so I wanted to double check that at the appointment. Mix ups do happen! I would hope if it did, he would look just as handsome in pink hand me downs.
- I've gained 16lbs so far, so one more pound from my last appointment. I'm in shock that's all I've gained, I expected to gain the same or more the 2nd time around.
- I've been resting a lot lately due to Braxton Hicks (more below), but it finally gave me time to wash and fold all of Ellie's newborn and 0-3 months clothing. It made me super nostalgic going through her clothing and it made me sad that Ellie has grown so fast and the time has gone so quickly. It also made me excited to see some of my favorite outfits and know they'll get used again. Some of them, I remember dressing her in and taking her pictures like it was yesterday!
- My sister threw me a little "sprinkle" at a restaurant with my aunts and cousins on Sunday. It was so nice and relaxing and great to catch up with everyone. There's so many birthdays, pregnancies, wedding events, and parties coming up it was also the perfect time to get everything on the calendar too with everyone! I loved celebrating with them!
Black Dress (Target last year, similar here) // Hat (Target last year, similar here and here)
- Cravings this week have mostly been sweets and fruit, nothing different from last week.
- This past weekend I experience Braxton Hicks for the first time. I never felt anything with Ellie, and just thought it was the way this baby was moving that made my stomach go all tight so I didn't pay any attention to it. Then Friday morning it was happening a few times in a short period of time and I realized it was a contraction. I immediately hit up my girlfriends on what contractions/BH felt like and it was exactly how they described it. I called the nurse and she said to lie on my side and drink water and they went away. Then it happened again Saturday morning so I laid in bed for most of the afternoon and felt better. That's pretty much what happened all weekend long. I really hope this baby doesn't decide to come before our scheduled c-section!
Hope you're having a great week! Thank you for following along on my pregnancy journey!