Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Baby 2 Bumpdate: Week 27

 photo 3BC1DD8E-D2EF-499E-A739-3A11CE2B42A5_zpsqevkk66b.jpg
26 Weeks 4 Days

-On Sunday we celebrated Mother’s Day and it was an amazing day! We woke up early, got ready, made homemade donuts, and headed out for brunch at Matt’s sister’s home. The weather was perfect, brunch was delicious, and we spent the whole day outside together. Matt and Ellie gave me the cutest pj set that will be perfect for the hospital and breastfeeding after our little one arrives. Matt also framed a picture of Ellie, my Grandpa and myself from our last visit and the last time I saw him in a sweet frame. I choked up a bit because it was so thoughtful and I really miss my grandparents, there’s been so many times where I went to call him and realized I couldn’t. I still have several voicemails from him that I’ve saved so I can hear his voice whenever I want. Altogether, it was a very special day and I’m so thankful for our family.

-I’m still a bit emotional, I haven’t cried in a while, but I choke up so easily! For example, typing the above paragraph brought tears to my eyes.

-I haven’t really had any cravings this week, my appetite is healthy and I feel normal, nothing out of the ordinary.

-This past week, I haven’t really enjoyed getting dressed. I’ve been really picky about what I wear or how it makes me feel/look. I typically wear the same items to work (skinny slacks, blouse, or tank with cardigan) and I feel fine about my work wardrobe, but it’s the weekends that stump me. I’m going to have to start getting creative and change my perspective a bit so I can enjoy dressing this cute little bump.

 photo A4E5692B-0573-4B2A-96B6-3A069ECEBCA5_zps5bewpug2.jpg
Top // Jeans // Scarf (Target last year, similar) // Necklace

-I’ve started to think more about what items we need to be ready for our little girl. Thankfully, we have a lot of items in great condition from Ellie, but I’m wracking my brain to make sure that we’re prepared. I’ve picked out a few new outfits for our little girl, but I haven’t bought any of them yet. I’m not sure what I’m waiting for (besides maybe a sale), I guess I’m just more selective now that I’ve been through the first time parent rodeo before?

What are some of your must haves for your additional children? What did you find that you needed that you didn’t have with the first our needed a double of? Please share below!

Hope you’re all having a great week, thank you for reading and following along with my pregnancy. If you’re pregnant or recently pregnant and would like to share your story please leave your email below and I will contact you about being featured! I’d love to share different perspectives and experiences about pregnancies, births, the adjustment to motherhood, etc whether it was your first or fourth pregnancy.

4 comments :

Rachel Steck said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day - what sweet gifts you received {I got a bit teary reading that part too}. You look beautiful!
xoxo
Rachel

Lorie said...

The thing I keep thinking about/dreading purchasing is a double stroller. My LO is 15 months and I'm due with #2 7/4/15. Ack! I already have enough carseats, recently purchased a front facing so I'm all set there. I'm just really not looking forward to the monstrosity of a double seated stroller for both little guys. Getting it in/out of the car? Ew!

Deborah said...

JC Penney is having a sale on baby items in case any of the items you picked out are for sale there!

Meg O. said...

Beautiful, as always! I can't really think of much that we really needed the second time around. I reused so many things. The mamaRoo was a new addition, and we love that thing. We do have a double stroller but don't use it as much as we thought. It's more for walks around the neighborhood and we used it in Washington DC. But we bought it second hand and got a good deal on it, so it was worth it!