Friday, October 24, 2014

Fall Necessities

Well, I'm still waiting for cooler weather to hit and dreaming of cardigans and boots. We're at that awkward point in the season where it's chilly in the morning and the Sahara Desert by noon. So, while I'm waiting for our temperatures to drop, I thought I'd post about my fall must-haves. These are pieces that I wear year after year and look to buy each season because I know they'll get the most use.

 photo fallcardiBlend_zps9c41bd99.jpg
I've always been a cardigan hoarder, but these last two years I've loved big cozy and boyfriend style cardigans. They're great to layer with this mood swing weather we're having and they're perfect with leggings or skinny jeans.

 photo fallbootBlend_zps8d0b1dba.jpg
A girl can never have enough boots! These ankle boots are perfect, I love the bit of edge the leather strap gives them. This year I'm in the market for another pair of riding boots and I love how these riding boots rise up in the front and dip in the back. Plus the color is gorgeous! 

 photo fallscarfBlend_zps68e291cf.jpg
It's no secret that scarves are part of my love language. I wear them year round and I've been itching to wear my thicker textured ones. 

 photo fallvestBlend_zpscbb4eaaf.jpg
Vests are perfect to wear when it's chilly, but not cold or you don't want the extra layers weighing down your arms. I snagged this tweed vest last year and loooooooooooved it. So glad to see it back again! This year I'd love to add a flatter quilted vest like this fun red one. 

What are your fall must have pieces? 

2 comments :

Lindsay said...

Tall, beautiful riding boots, great leggings from White House Black Market (best I've found at a decent price point!) and scarves, scarves, SCARVES! I'm in the Central Valley in CA, and I'm soooo ready for fall weather... so ready :)

Kristen said...

This weekend was the perfect sweater and leggings weather! Too bad it will be back in the 80s this week!