Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Product Review: NARS Illuminator in Super Orgasm

This product has been on my radar for a while now, the Orgasm and Super Orgasm collection from NARS is just beautiful. It's a perfect combination of pink, peach, and gold shimmer. I always check out the collection every time I walk into Sephora. I finally bit the bullet a few weeks ago.

The Illuminators (also available in Copacabana, Laguna, Orgasm, and Super Orgasm) are multifunctional and meant to work as a blush, bronzer, or highlighter (depending on the color you buy).

- Seriously multifunctional! You can wear them anywhere: body and face alone or mixed with other products.
- A pea size is enough for your cheeks, bridge of your nose, under your brows, and your collarbone.
- The colors are meant to be universally flattering. 
- Adds instant glow
- Gives enough color to use alone or can be layered with other make-up
- Perfect for a natural face

- Must use before powder bronzer, I used it by mistake after I applied my bronzer and it messed up my bronzer and made my face looks seriously crazy. I had to use a wet sponge to blend back together and wait for it to dry to touch up. Oops. 
- Is easy to go overboard with, start with a tiny dab and then add to build color 
- A little pricey (at least in my book)

Overall here is my review:
You get 1.1 oz and for $30, but it's totally worth the price. The tube has SO MUCH product and a little goes a long way. I mean a LOOOOOONG way. So I'm expecting this product to last and last. It's such a beautiful color, I seriously love and am completely happy with the shade. I plan on using it more this summer and love how it looks down the front of my shins for some added sexiness. However, this isn't a product I reach for everyday, but always use when I'm wearing little or no make-up just to add some glow and color to my face. I do like it a lot, but I'm not sure I'll re-purchase it again. I think there are other illuminators that may give you the same effects at a more competitive price.

Oh, and for anyone wondering where to use an illuminator, here's a handy guide:
Here's some celebs that are also fans of this product (this also helped me bite the bullet):

Do you use illuminator? How/where doy ou apply it? Have you tried this one, what are your thoughts? 
Post a Comment