Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

 photo ellie_017_zps7e996372.jpg

Becoming a mother has been the best gift and journey of my life. It’s the time I've looked forward to having since I was a little girl playing house with my dolls. All of my life I couldn't wait to have a family of my own and last year my dreams came true.

I've cherished every day of this past year, both its joy and its tears. Being a mother is not easy, I feel as though it comes naturally for me, but that doesn't make the role any easier. I still struggle with balancing my plate, focusing on other aspects of my life, and preparing for our future. Every day I thank the Lord for giving me such a blessed life and ask that I may always cherish this time and not ever take what He has given me for granted. Whenever I get swept up in life, with comparing what I have with others, and focusing on wants instead of needs I remind myself that I already have everything I've ever wanted. There’s no need to ask or want for more. Being a wife and a mother has fulfilled me in ways I never imagined possible.

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you, may you enjoy this day and love on the little ones that have brought so much happiness to your lives.


Rachel Steck said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Carolyn said...

So sweet! :) Happy Mother's Day to you too!