Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Easter Basket Goodies

Easter has always been of my favorite holidays. I am so excited to celebrate this year with Ellie and see her face when she sees her basket the bunny left for her this year. I've already started looking for and buying some goodies for her. I thought it would make for a fun post to share and get some ideas from you guys too! Shopping for little ones can be so much fun, but when they're too young to really understand the holiday or the gifts it can be hard to see what would be good options for them. 


 photo EasterGoodiesBlend_zps5e79c65e.jpg
Outfit (here) // Towel (here) // Animal Eggs (here) //  Stuffed Animals (here and here) // Hat (here)
Books (here and here) // Blocks (here) //  Bath toys (here)  //  Swimsuit (here)
Sippy Cup (here) // Socks (here) // Sandals (here) //  Puffs (here)

Some other fun goodies would be bubbles, pool toys, a name puzzle (here), a teepee, or a porch swing. I plan on filling Ellie's eggs with puffs, Cheerios, and yogurt melts. I've gone back and forth with what type of a basket to get here. I'd love to get her a nicer basket to use year after year, but I don't have any Easter decoration and don't want to store just a basket by itself. I may wait until we're done having children and get them all the same type personalized. For now, I just got her a really cute throw away one. Growing up we had a variety of baskets; throw away ones, large wicker baskets, ones my grandmother made us, and it was kind of fun seeing what type of a basket you would get each year. Then, I also love the nostalgia of having the same one year to year like you do with a Christmas stocking.

What are some of your favorite Easter traditions? We always got our swimsuits every Easter and I look forward to continuing that with Ellie.

What goodies do you give your little ones?

6 comments :

April said...

The sippy cup is so cute! wish we could get them in the uk x

My Parent & Lifestyle Blog // My Beauty Blog

Hikari said...

Last week I let Elodie pick out a sippy cup and she chose the Kitty Cat version from Target. She treats it like another stuffed animal almost. haha. My family hid Easter Baskets and my parents stuffed them with expensive chocolate and candy. That was all we got, but if we could find our baskets (they made them harder and harder to find as we got older) then it was worth it. Kind of like a fancy, glorified Halloween. haha.

Meg O. said...

OOoh, I gotta get the Happy Easter, Mouse book for Kennedy! She loves If You Give a Mouse a Cookie so she's sure to love this!

Kristin said...

I love all of this! I need to get my act together and start putting together K's basket!

The Grass Skirt Blog said...

Too cute! I might have to order the towel for my newborn baby girl. :)
The Grass Skirt

Schnelle said...

Easter is my favorite holiday too- can't get enough of the pretty colors and it's my birth month too! Plus egg hunts were always my favorite as a kid. I LOVE that romper and sun hat. The bathing suit tradition is so cute too, I really like that idea. Adorable picks.