Wednesday, July 7, 2010

OOTD

Here are some more Outfits of the Day (check out my first post here), this time I didn't feel as dumb taking pictures of myself, especially after I insisted that no they weren't for my Facebook default, but for my blog. LOL!

Please feel free to let me know if you liked what I wore or if I should have styled it differently or change something the next time around.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I wore this out for a comedy show with the Fiance (formerly known as The BF) and some friends in this post. Forever 21 (F21) dress (I pulled up the banded bottom to make is a top), JBrand jeans, Kelly & Katie snake pumps, Coach wristlet.



Here are some work outfits, my work is pretty relaxed about the dress code (thank GOD!) so I can wear sandals (if they have a back) and jeans (without holes) everyday and not just on "casual Fridays":
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I saw this cute outfit on Hilary Duff and thought it would be an easy look for work. H&M Top (it was the end of the day, so ignore the wrinkles from sitting down), F21 belt, 2 pairs of Mossimo leggings (I wear two so they're not sheer and a bit warmer), Tahari wedges. I had nude wedges too, but thought the black look better.

Photobucket
F21 cropped top, plain white tank, American Eagle Skinny jeans.



Photobucket
Nordstrom BP tank dress and cardigan, F21 necklace, Steve Madden T-strap sandals.



Yellow F21 top, white tank, JBrand skinny jeans, Target black T-strap sandals. This outfit is inspired by a post from the darling blog The Look 4 Less, click to check it out- such a GREAT blog! Jen finds the best looks and has killer style!

I thought I'd give the NEON TREND a shot. It was pretty easy to wear and I've worn this outfit a couple of times now without feeling too 80s or like I'm trying to re-live my high school years. Don't you hate that feeling when you see something cute and realize you may be ....too old... (ugh typing that out took a lot) to wear something? That's how I felt about neon clothing, but I think I made it work:
Nordstrom black and white striped top, neon green tank from Tillys, American Eagle skinny jeans, Target black T-strap sandals.

17 comments :

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

My favorite is the neon one. I LOVE it!! I've been wanting to try the trend, but I have no idea where to find neon in my town. Great post though, all your outfits are SUPER cute!

Anonymous said...

love your hair straight! and all the outfits...i think you styled them all perfectly, effortlessly chic.

Kerr said...

love all the outfits. could you come style me please?! you totally rocked the neon too!

Jessica said...

You look great, as usual! Love them!

Laura said...

The idea of wearing 2 pairs of leggings is genius! I feel uncomfortable wearing thin leggings out, but it never occurred to me to double up. BTW, I love your style, thanks for sharing all the pics!

Jen said...

You're engaged? I must have missed the announcement!! Oh I'm so happy for you!

As for your outfits.. girl, you look good in everything you put on!! You're just lucky that way ;-)

Lyndsy said...

Really cute outfits! I love the striped tank, Hilary Duff replicate and the black dress with cardigan is my absolute favorite! Gorgeous!

Kristen said...

Frances- You're such a doll, thank you so much. I must say your blog is very inspiring for OOTD

Reed- Thank you, you're so sweet!

Kerr- Thanks so much! I'd love to style you any day! Make sure to check out The Look 4 Less too because Jen does a GREAT job with styling.

Jessica- XOXO!

Laura- YESSS, wearing 2 pairs of leggings is a dream! Try it out!

Jen- Yes I am! Thank you so much! I announced it last Monday with the story and pictures.

Lyndsy- Thanks doll! I get a lot of mileage from that dress and cardigan! They go with everything!

Thank you to everyone, you're all so sweet and I enjoy your comments and feedback as well as your blogs!

Anonymous said...

ummm...when did the BF become the Fiance? Is this something I should have already known?!

Veronika said...

i really love the outfit with the tan colored sweater form forever 21 and the black dress...so cute! and chic!

Jessica said...

My favorite is the black dress with the cardigan, the necklace is perfect! I was about to go return some forever 21 leggings because they are too sheer... your double layering is inspired! Thanks for the tip. I totally want to try a belt over a button up shirt too.

Anonymous said...

Because I love your blog so much, I have an award for you!
http://everythingaccordintoerin.blogspot.com

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

All of the outfits are adorable!! I like the styling in the neon shot, that is an outfit I could wear almost everyday. I wish my work was more flexible with work wear, I have to wear black pants, black shoes and a uniform top.... GAH!! At least a quarter of my wardrobe is solely black now!! :) Hazel

Anonymous said...

For the Hillary Duff inspired one, I would have worn a wide belt like her, not the thin one. Other than that the rest were great.

Unknown said...

love this idea to recreate celeb looks! you're brilliant.

Kristen said...

Jessica- 2 pairs of leggings is so nice! Esp for you in the wintertime, they'll keep you extra warm!

Erin- Thank you so much!

Ace- Thanks fo rthe Tip! I agree, but the other belts I had were either too big or didn't fit right, time to go shopping!! Lol

Mackenzie- Thanks! It sometimes makes getting dressed so much easier if you're recreating something from stuff you have, plus you get more use of your items!

Anonymous said...

Love how you turned the f21 dress into a shirt... it looks so good!!