Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wine Popsicles

 

For the Fourth of July, with all of my wonderful cooking skills (cough cough) I made wine popsicles and they were delicious!! Doesn't my cousin J make a great hand model? LOL


I used white wine (I just used the $2 Trader Joe's Riesling), pineapple juice, and a bit of water (about 60/40  pineapple juice to water ratio), and a few chunks of pineapple in popsicles molds and hooooours later I had a delicious treat!

They would also be great without the booze for the young ones or anyone who doesn't drink for that matter. They were a big hit, but took forever to freeze! I can't wait to try this with more "recipes". I think I'm going to try punch with berries and  orange juice with peaches for my future popsicles.

PS Does this count towards my new years resolution to start cooking??

9 comments :

Jessica said...

Yummy! I am going to give these a try!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this deliciousness!! I'll have to try!

Leah said...

Oh yum yum! These sound fabulous! Perfect for summer! Good job "cooking" ; )

Luvs!

Kerr said...

this is a fantastic idea! and totally counts as cooking. I considering myself a jello shot chef.

Kristen said...

Leah & Kerr- I think I agree that this definitely counts as cooking!

Kerr- I'm the jello chef in my family too, I make them for most holidays/parties. We'll have to swap good mixes!

Anonymous said...

um amazing

Vijay said...

excellent post ..cool snaps..love your blog//pretty nice contents…helps to learn some thing for a non-native speaker ….attractive and cool article(this post u wrote ) is cool as like my cool blog(of course name of my blog..haha)

http://vinothcraig.blogspot.com
(mines)

If you really likes my blog..jus follow the blog...haha

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, wine-sicles? This is brilliant!! How in the world have I never heard of these before??

Lys said...

Yes, that absolutely counts towards cooking ;) Congrats on the wedding - found you via LookForLess