Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! This week has flown by for me and I'm ready to relax with the family this weekend. Work has been busy and getting home is always a big shuffle and our nights slip right through my fingers. The girls have been so cute playing together and Emma heads for the stairs as soon as we put her down to get up there. She is so fast and just laughs and laughs as she climbs each step. She hasn't figured how to get down them so we have to watch her like a hawk.

I've been super busy planning her birthday party this week and getting things together and shopping for it. I still have a lot to buy and I need to nail down the menu, but I'm so excited with the direction it's going. I'm working with some really awesome shops and I'm excited to share everything soon. I've been driving myself crazy with what to get her too for her first birthday, what are some of your favorite items? So far we've bought her a chair and a latch puzzle and I don't know what else! Please share some ideas with me!

This week's Friday Favorites is a mix of beauty and fashion pieces, just a few things I've been wanting to share and review with you guys!

 photo EAEFFF2D-ADD9-4BDF-91A8-B77FE95757D6_zpsrp9qjfqm.jpg

I’m not sure if you remember my Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette review (btw, it’s on sale for $25 now here and here!), but I was in the market for a new shadow palette and was looking at the Tarte Tartelette and Tartelette 2 In Bloom palettes and decided to instead get the UDxGwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette (which I LOVE). Even though I’m thrilled about the UD Palette, I still had the Tarte palettes on my mind. When Matt and I went to Vegas for our anniversary, I picked up this little Tarte Tease set (along with this highlighter) to test out their shadows. I love the colors in this palette, they’re beautiful and it has a great mix of matte and shimmer shades. It also has a slight vanilla scent to it as well, which I was surprised by, but like. This was my first experience with Tarte shadows so here’s a quick review: I get very little fallout from the shadows and the pigmentation is great, but they can be a touch chalky. They’re lasting power is so-so, with primer I get about 8-9 hours of wear. I’ve been loving using this palette, the size is great and I love the versatility of the colors. The shadows are true to color and work great for everyday wear. I’m still thinking about getting the Tartelette 2 In Bloom palette, it was on sale a few weeks ago and I didn’t get it and regret it now!

 photo A8A1EA10-27F3-4433-BF04-6A5DCEF30677_zps25jc9qlk.jpg

When it comes to my skin, I swear by Image Skincare and I was running low on my cleanser so I picked up this daily cleanser on a whim. My skin can be sensitive and is prone to drying, so I’m always worried when I try new face washes… and I freaking love it. It has only the slightest scent, removes my makeup, cleanses my skin, and is super mild. I’ve been using it for several weeks now and it’s really great! It doesn’t leave any residue and has a great consistency. It doesn’t foam when using my fingers, but foams nicely with my face brush. I typically shower at night and will use their makeup remover cleanser first to remove the majority of my makeup and follow up with this cleanser. After using both together, I rarely have any makeup residue. I’m pretty surprised by how well of a cleanser it is considering it’s available at drugstores. I will definitely continue to use this cleanser and would recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin.

 photo C69F468E-C255-45B9-A8ED-6D4D2FDBA5DD_zpshmmmzmd9.jpg

I’ve included these shorts in some weekend post or another, but I had to include them in a Friday Favorites. I tried them on several times before biting the bullet and purchasing them and I’m so glad I did. They are super comfortable and the fabric is extra soft. Between being pregnant, postpartum, nursing, and weaning, my sizing has been all across the board. I’m so thankful for elastic waist everything right now!

 photo 0926D2A8-A406-4E23-9071-EB2ACB66FBD1_zpsdeea4qte.jpg

I posted this pic on IG (kristen_lawler) a bit ago and I am just loving this Alex and Ani bracelet. A girlfriend gave it to me and I've worn it every day since. It was so sweet of her and I love how it looks with my watch, I picked up this L'Oreal Julianne's Nude thinking it was the Doutzen one, rookie mistake not to double check, but I'm loving it! It's the perfect pinky nude and very natural. This is my first L'Oreal lipstick and the formula is so creamy and moisturizing that I also bought Blake's Pink. The pink collection is matte and super dry, I much prefer the nude collection's formula over it. Influenster also sent me this Marc Jacobs Glow Stick and it's pretty on it's own, but I've been using it as a base for powder highlighters and it makes your cheeks pop!!

 photo 1A2E3A60-D848-4AE1-94D9-5E7D63C7745A_zpsijuxakug.jpg

We also received the sweetest bonnet from Little Sun Hat for Emma (it actually fits Ellie too!). It's adorable and reversible so we get twice the use from it. I love that it has a bill to keep forward to protect her from the sun, but that it can also be folded back. It's absolutely adorable and I love the sweet prints.

 photo 0B6B2249-E8C2-4541-912D-CD51999EB850_zpsvgd4szwl.jpg

I've been living in this hat since it came in, it fits so perfect! I typically don't wear baseball caps, my head is kind of small, but this one is more shallow and it fits just right on my dome. If you've been on the hunt for one, check it out, I've been looking forward to the weekend all week just so I could wear it again!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments :

Unknown said...

Those shorts look cute and comfy! And that sun bonnet is just adorable.

Unknown said...

Love the denim shorts and the little outfit for your little girl! Too cute!

Marette F said...

I have been going back and forth about which eyeshadow palette to get. I thought about getting the Tease to test Tarte out as well. I like the packaging of the In Bloom palette. Gorgeous!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Those shorts are really cute and they do look comfy! Thank you for sharing your list. Emma will love that latchboard! My son is going to be 3 and it's still one of his favorites!

Unknown said...

I love that hat and those shorts! We just got our Little Sun Hat in and I can't wait to put it on Evelyn!

Lindsay said...

Ok I need those shorts in my life!! And that bonnet is darling!

Unknown said...

Totally loving the shorts and I've always wanted an Alex and Ani bracelet!

Unknown said...

I love the UD Gwen Stefani palette! I have not checked out these Tarte palettes yet but I recently did purchase the Tartlette in Bloom palette. It's been one of my go to palettes recently.