Friday, March 5, 2010

Alice in Wonderland via Annie Leibovitz

With Alice in Wonderland coming out today, I'd like to dedicate today's post to the story through Annie Leibovitz' photographs which I just adore. Annie Leibovitz is a renowned photographer, and even if you don't recognize her name (recently the Miley Cyrus photo scandal) I'm sure you've seen her work (she was the last person to photograph John Lennon). Her style is marked by close collaboration with herself and the subject. She started with Rolling Stones when it first launched and her work defined the magazine's look. Personally, I would love to be photographed by her (not that it would ever happen, but it's on my bucket list) or own any of the work she's done. Her work is so vibrant and creative, I can stare at them all day. These pictures are a double whammy because I'm also obsessed with the Alice story in general.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Here's another one she did that was part of a Disney collaboration.
Photobucket

What is your favorite children's story? Do you like Tim Burton films? What story would you like to see him do next?

Will you be seeing the movie this weekend? I think I'm going to see it next week once the crowds have died down a bit. If you see it, let me know what you thought!
Post a Comment